Blue fingers

alston87
on 3/30/17 1:24 pm
RNY on 02/27/17

OK so I knew that people said I would feel colder after WLS but my fingers have turned blue 2 days in a row now! Under my fingernails it turns a dark almost purple blue. What could this be??? Anyone else experience this?

All I can think of is circulation issues or oxygen issues. I feel fine. I am even running for exercise and not having issues. It does happen while I am at work and get cold. I have been much colder in my life and never had blue fingers. I go to my primary doctor anyway tomorrow so I will obviously bring it up but any input would be appreciated.

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

White Dove
on 3/30/17 1:31 pm - Warren, OH

It is not from weight loss surgery. Glad you are seeing a doctor and hope you get help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/30/17 4:12 pm - Belleville, IL

Sounds like either Raynauds Syndrome or a Breathing problem. A visit to the doctor is definately in order! I am not a doctor, I only play one on TV.

Warmly,

Jackie

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/30/17 5:18 pm
You need to go to a doctor ASAP. Blue fingers and toes can be a sign of a lot of things.

However, I had this happen to my toes. I went to the ER several times because I was scared. I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome. My toes got so cold that I had to run them under warm water to get them to stop hurting. I started using heat packs in my shoes during the winter and carried ones for my hands in my jacket.

I found that the only cure was moving someplace warmer. So I moved to Texas. My toes still get slight blue in the summer when the AC is on really high or in the winter when it gets blow 50 ...BURRRRRRR (that's freezing in Texas)

Scott
Most Active