Bio Protein Bars

Amzmommy
on 4/23/17 7:58 am, edited 4/23/17 8:33 am

A friend of mine posted this on her FB page and just wanted to share with you all in case you buy these....

BUYERS BEWARE... If any of you buy these protein bars (Costco is where I was buying mine) and are like me and buy them for not only the protein (23g) but low sugar (6g) not to mention the good daily values for minerals... THEY CHANGED THEM WITHOUT ANY NOTICE ON THE PACKAGING... they still have 23g of protein but now have 23g of SUGAR and have lowered the daily amounts of minerals. Because of my gastric bypass too much sugar can make me extremely ill. I figured out the change because I started eating one; (I've been eating these for over two years) one bite and I knew something was different, checked the new box then compared it to the old one and I am totally disgusted.... I am so angry that for whatever reason the company does not have to show such drastic changes on the packaging.

6g of sugar to 23g of sugar... it just not right!!!

White Dove
on 4/23/17 8:23 am - Warren, OH

Thanks, you really should change the title of your post to Bio Protein bars. They are not Costco bars and are sold many places besides Costco.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amzmommy
on 4/23/17 8:34 am

Good point thank you already done :):)

oneatatime
on 4/23/17 9:31 am
RNY on 09/01/17

That's really good info. Sadly, companies do that type of thing all the time. My nephew has celiac disease, and products that are not certified as gluten free but we buy regularly, we have to read the ingredients for this reason.

A great point to be diligent for things like sugar too. Thanks!

Grim_Traveller
on 4/23/17 1:21 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I've never tried them, but thanks for the PSA.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cosmos2112
on 4/23/17 2:25 pm

Return them asap. I bought their own brand of protein bars and they were awful. Hard as a rock. They took them back.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

NYMom222
on 4/23/17 2:40 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Maybe you got a bad box... I find their protein bars very similar to quest with a dense chewy texture...love them...stopped buying them because when I have so many bars around, I tend to eat them daily.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Amzmommy
on 4/24/17 6:04 pm

Thank you I told her to do that

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/24/17 4:28 am, edited 4/23/17 9:29 pm

For my body - most protein bars are a big "No -No". Heavily processed mixture of "franken foods".

I used to eat them... And I kept gaining weight, and getting RH. From low net carbs protein bars. The convenience was not worth the side effects.

Now I try to have less processed foods as "snacks- meal replacement". Things like nuts, jerky.

I still try to find the "perfect" meal replacement bar... Mostly in Paleo section of a store - but I know I am just an "food addict" looking for a fix, that should be tasty yet with great numbers.... Candy bar that I can justify eating instead of real meal.

And often - skipping a meal or waiting longer to eat real food - may be better for me than getting a snack that can mess up my system. (Artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, fake "fiber", etc..)

IMO - most protein bars are glorified candy bars.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Amzmommy
on 4/24/17 6:09 pm

Fortunately I have never found one I loved so if I buy a box they stick around a while. I mainly use it for a long work day if I cant step away and eat a proper meal and need some fuel. Its not very often...but i do agree on the glorified candy bars. But sometimed life gets hectic and theyre convenient for those times when you're on the go. I try not to use then as a daily crutch.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1207 views