LANAP Laser Gum Surgery

Cosmos2112
on 5/19/17 7:58 pm

I'm repairing the damage from diabetes. There is damage. I can be saved. It will take time. Today I had laser gum surgery on my lower teeth. Went well. On 100mg doxy 2x a day for ten days. Also Tylenol with codeine PRN. However, I must be on liquids for the next 3-4 days. I'm drinking Premier protein shakes and also making shakes in blender. Last one I added fat free yogurt, no added sugar, plain for the extra protein. Then for the next two weeks I must have a soft mushy diet just like in the puréed stage. I'm used to this. I also added 1000g vitamin C a day. I do have normal blood sugar now.

Thank God I don't have an appetite. I have this dressing attached to my gums on both sides. I can finally feel my lower lip, I was numb all day long. I can't brush my lower teeth at all. I have follow up on the 30th. I have dental insurance bit I'll still need to pay, but how much is anyone's guess. I don't know what the negiotated rate is. I have about $900 left in dental benefits for this year.

My periodontist and his assistant were great. 10 vials of anesthetic injections, I felt nothing. The laser makes a pop pop noise. No bad smells. I needed to take a Xanax before the procedure. I was able to drive home without any issues. They couldn't believe how good I looked after my weight loss. Last time I was there I was down about 40#. Now, I'm at a tad over 60# loss.

I wont be able to use my CPAP machine tonight as it put too much pressure just below my lower lip. If I loosen the straps, I get leaks. I hope the codeine doesn't back me up. I do use Miralax.

Does anyone think my current eating d/t surgery will cause any problems? Depending on my healing ability, I may be on soft foods longer than ten days. I know it's only for a short time. Damn diabetes!

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Cosmos2112
on 5/19/17 8:15 pm

I think for my guns to heal up good I need to up the protein and vitamins. Anyone know what vitamins besides what I'm already taking would help. I take a multi/mineral, B-12, calcium, 1000gC. The multi has D and Iron. All suggestions are welcome.

peachpie
on 5/20/17 3:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

what did your periodontist suggest? Did you discuss supplements with them?

Personally I wouldn't take anything outside the normal schedule of vitamins us WLS folks must take. I'm certain your body would heal without a single supplement. Protein is probably best- that's what I would focus on.

i do recall before/after my thyroid surgery the surgeon wanted me to take arnica to aid in healing. So if your seeking something natural - maybe try that.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Cosmos2112
on 5/20/17 3:57 am

He suggested what I'm already taking plus Vit C, and bioflavonoids.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/20/17 8:17 am

I would add more fat. Like in avocado, olive oil, coconut...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cosmos2112
on 5/20/17 1:17 pm

Just had puréed, almost liquid fat free cottage cheese. Double yuck! I'm not used to this.

I went to Whole Paycheck Foods to get another opinion. I told the clerk everything I'm taking and my surgical history. First she said a huge congrats on my weight loss and diabetes and high blood pressure gone. She said to only add B complex. But, I didn't buy any vitamins. She said to double my Vit C to 2g a day. One in the am and one at night. Also picked up some more protein powder, on sale, just three sample packets. I had to go to WalMart to pick up Rx of thyroid meds and I asked pharmacist the B Vit question. I'm already taking B12 which has B6 and folic acid sublingual, from Trader Joe's. She said not to take anymore B. What I'm taking is good.

I'm taking Ester C 1g which has citrus bioflavonoids. It is also non-acidic. Calcium ascorbate. 200mg of citrus bioflavonoids.

No more vitamins!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1379 views