Nuclear heart scan?

Lyds85
on 6/7/17 2:47 pm
RNY on 02/20/18

Trying to get the nuclear heart scan done but the hospital i use only has a table for the scan that holds up to 400 lbs. I weigh 450lbs.

They have said they will be contacting other hospital facilities in the area to try to accomidate me. Has anybody had this happen before?

Lyds85
on 6/7/17 2:49 pm
RNY on 02/20/18

Btw, how embarrassing

I cant wait until i lose enough to not have to worry about weight limits on things :(

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/8/17 6:01 am
RNY on 12/31/13

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/17 9:39 am

and weight limits on anything... things like massage tables, chairs in restaurants, fitting in a seat on a plane.. I am "normal size" for 8.5 years and I still try to make sure i don't use plane's bathroom.

I had MRI last week and even though I had way too many of them since being "normal", when I saw the narrow table.. and the "tube" it reminded me why I need to stay that way... normal size..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lyds85
on 6/9/17 9:43 am
RNY on 02/20/18

Yes! Im constantly worried about weight limits and small chairs. Ugh!

I told my husband when i lose enough weight im going to make a big photo album of me sitting in arm chairs and restaurant booths because i will be so happy ?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/9/17 9:51 am

or..like me - you would still hate chairs. I love most booths.

Chairs are often hard- too hard.. and now seldom I can enjoy nice dinner if we are in a place that has hard chairs(wood or just not enough padding)

now i get why my skinny friends often wanted to "eat food and leave" when we were out. when I was heavy - I could sit for hours.. now - not so much... even softer chairs are often not soft enough..

I have special pillows to sit on everywhere.... I even took one on a plane with me during my last trip.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 6/7/17 4:55 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I once had to find a facility with an open MRI machine, because I wouldn't fit in the regular machines.

One of a million reasons that RNY was a great choice!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lyds85
on 6/7/17 7:56 pm
RNY on 02/20/18

They were able to find an alternative option.

Ugh! Definatly another reason why I need RNY!

Most Active