Raspberries!

Vegbeth
on 7/10/17 7:55 am - Boston , MA
VSG on 12/28/16

Ok, who would think this would be the food that caused me to stall! I've reached my goal weight but am really hoping to loose more as I'm only 5'1" and I set my goal when I thought I was 5'2". Anyway, I have these raspberry bushes growing in my yard and right now they are producing so much fruit. Every time I go out to pick I say to myself, I'm not going to eat any but then I just end up eating bunches! Last night I basically had raspberries and then my protein (seitan) for dinner. I know these are way to many carbs. I'm just venting here. I know the solution has to be not to eat even one because once I start I can't stop.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/10/17 8:41 am
RNY on 12/31/13

LOL, I stalled myself on raspberries before. In fact, I've gained on them, too.

My mom lives on the Oregon Coast -- and we always seem to visit during the height of berry season. Oregon berries are arguably the greatest in the world -- golden raspberries, blackberries, red raspberries, marion berries, blueberries, cranberries (they're in our bogs) and of course, strawberries quite literally grown wild all up and down the coast. You can see people pulled over on the sides of roads with baskets helping themselves.

Of course, when I was obese, I didn't give two craps about berries -- unless they were in a pie, topping ice-cream, or part of a pastry. However, since I have been slim, I consider berries okay in moderation. They are low-carb fruit after all!!

Um, no.

Like you, a couple berries becomes a whole lot of berries. The one year I actually gained a pound in 3 days just by casually eating a berry or two every time I walked through the kitchen or while picking them in the yard or roadside. I walked through the kitchen a whole lot.

Since then, I realized they were something I cannot moderate. I rarely eat them, or portion them very carefully.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Kathy1212
on 7/10/17 12:22 pm

I'm actually OK with berries. I eat a quarter cup of berries, raspberry or blueberry (mixed with half a cup of Greek or Skyr plain yogurt). A quarter cup of raspberries only has 3 carbs and 1 gram of sugar, blueberries have 5 carbs and 3 sugar. I love them both, but the raspberries are my favourite.

At my old house, I had an entire back fence covered with raspberry bushes. I miss them, lol.

Anyway, all this to say, maybe mix your berries with yogurt so you still get a taste but can't eat as many at one time. They sure do go down easily, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 9:29 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I just picked the last of the asparagus (90 pounds this season) and first white raspberries in our garden yesterday. There were only a handful of raspberries and I had them with my yogurt this morning.

But soon we will be harvesting pounds of them... we got over 60 pounds of blueberries from just our mid seasons bushes. My husband made many many pies and we pickled some and made a few batches of sugar free jam...I still ended up with 20 pounds in the freezer. Then come nectarines and apples and pears...

I am thinks of taking some fruit to the food bank.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1375 views