Mourning my past self

Smile_and_nod
on 9/9/17 2:52 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Total 120# lost, obese my whole life. Just had a tummy tuck and breast done a few weeks ago. Everything has been great and I am so happy with my results but out of nowhere a few days ago I realized how incredibly sad I was for all those years I spent hiding inside myself.

Just wondering how many other people have experienced the same?

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/17 4:40 pm

Congratulations and FINALLY welcome to ur new much better life ((()))

AggieMae
on 9/9/17 7:18 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I am 65 years old. As of this past Sunday I was down 120lbs as well. My health insurance has always covered WLS and I do regret not doing it 20 years ago.

I actually went through the whole pre op process for a lap band 12 years ago then, because I have autoimmune disorder and backed out because i was concerned about reacting to a foreign object so (plus side) I didn't end up having a lap band and needing a revision.

Lina_Ann
on 9/9/17 7:36 pm

I think a lot of us wish we started our WLS journey sooner than we did, or maybe caught ourselves and our bad habits when we were younger. We ALL have those moments, yours just so happens to be with your body. Be proud of yourself that you made this change, and not years from now, or never. You created a new path for your life!

In short, I think mourning is normal and healthy, as long as you realize the good too. :)

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

Librarian67
on 9/11/17 3:52 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on your loss and all of the change that goes with it. I haven't finished losing yet, but I do sometimes have feelings of sadness related to how long it took me to be ready to have WLS. I love how I look now even with my saggy skin and I am sad that it took so long for me to believe that WLS was for me.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active