Ketogenic Diets and Mental Health

califsleevin
on 11/13/17 4:40 pm - CA

That's great! I file these things in the "that's interesting - I wonder why....." category, and sometimes these older factoids pop up in a newer context.

Maintenance is all about balancing those calories - finding convenient ways to add them to keep the weight in the desired range, or add a bit if needed, and similarly convenient sources to cut them when needed. I could fairly easily cut things back 20% ahead of post-WLS surgeries (plastics and orthopedics) to balance out the couch potato recovery phase.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

classycoke41
on 11/13/17 10:09 am

Thank you for the article I plan to read it here in a few mins.. I have a binge eating disorder/problem. I've never been formally diagnosed but struggle daily I have to be VERY VERY mindful of what I eat and what's around me. Once I start I can't stop I eat it get rid of it and begin again this vicious cycle continues over and over. I need help with this can you please give me some tips on how you deal?? Please email me at [email protected]

Donna L.
on 11/13/17 11:18 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I deal with it by maintaining regular therapy visits. I see my therapist every week or every two weeks religiously, and when I have a lapse I immediately report this to the group of friends I have for support.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active