Can anyone recommend a surgeon in Colombia?

StephanieLeigh
on 11/16/17 6:08 pm

My father wants to get his duodenal switch done in Colombia. We have a particular clinic in mind but I'm worried that I may not have explored enough options. It's easy to find English reviews of Mexican surgeons and clinics but Colombia is another story. The clinic we are considering is called Cirugia para la Obesidad http://www.cirugiaparalaobesidad.com.co/

Kathy S.
on 11/17/17 8:38 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi StephanieLeigh,

Welcome to OH and our community. I have been around for 13 years and have never seen anyone post about surgery in Colombia. I checked our database and found the following surgeons in Colombia.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/C_CO/

If you decide you want some referrals for surgeons in MX let me know and I can send you links to their profile and reviews. If you need anything else, let us know.

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

StephanieLeigh
on 11/17/17 1:48 pm

Thank you. I've decided that Mexico is a safer choice even if Colombia really does have a better healthcare system overall. It's much easier to find Mexican surgeons that have US qualifications. The huge number of English reviews are just a bonus.

Kathy S.
on 11/17/17 2:47 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I will send you some names and pricing for the DS. Be sure when you choose a surgeon they have a "LOT" of experience with the DS. It's a more complex surgery than the VSG or RNY....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

StephanieLeigh
on 11/17/17 3:00 pm

Thanks. Im looking for surgeons who are members of the ASMBS at a minimum. I would prefer if they were FACS, but so far I've only found 3 surgeons who have both qualifications. Only one has a complete English language site. It's hard to find English sites and reviews for the other two. I need to widen my net, but I don't want to widen it too far.

hollykim
on 11/17/17 5:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 17, 2017 at 11:00 PM Pacific Time, StephanieLeigh wrote:

Thanks. Im looking for surgeons who are members of the ASMBS at a minimum. I would prefer if they were FACS, but so far I've only found 3 surgeons who have both qualifications. Only one has a complete English language site. It's hard to find English sites and reviews for the other two. I need to widen my net, but I don't want to widen it too far.

having had 3 was in MX, the only group I now recommend is Mexicali Bariatrics.

It is the experience you and your father are looking for. I used three different groups and this group is by far the best of those I have personal experience with.

Most Active