Finally found a protein drink!!!

Shannon S.
on 12/5/17 2:31 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Oh yes, I cannot even stand the smell of them!!! It's a shame because they have a nice 30 grams of protein. I'll have to look into the chocolate isopure. Thanks!

Valerie G.
on 12/5/17 2:54 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Not only could I not tolerate the whey aftertaste (tried many flavors and brands) but they give me horrible gas. I found egg protein to be tolerable not only by my guts, but the aftertaste is ever so subtle. It makes a great coffee creamer for me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Shannon S.
on 12/5/17 4:26 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks for the tip! Yes the premier tends to make me queasy to. I thought maybe the concentrated protein, but then I bought Atkins with half the protein and they make me queasy. I guess they are just not for me. ~s

Laura in Texas
on 12/5/17 7:11 pm

Have you tried drinking from a sippy cup (it blocks the smell)? That works for some people. The first two months were tough for me too, with smells and textures but slowly but surely things got back to normal for me. By the six month mark I was doing much better.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Shannon S.
on 12/6/17 4:42 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

That's great idea. I may try that if I can ever stomach them again. The smell is awful!

stacyz
on 12/6/17 3:57 am - Mystic, CT
VSG on 04/04/18

This post makes me nervous. My dietitian wants me to buy some protein drinks before my surgery (so I get used to them and have some for after surgery) but after reading all of this I'm not sure what to buy or how much of it. I'd hate to spend the money on something and then not be able to tolerate it. I guess the best thing would be to try the sample packs, what brand would you all suggest?

Shannon S.
on 12/6/17 4:44 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

My suggestion would be to by smaller cases first and try some before committing to the larger cases. Also, just realize your taste may change post-op.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1371 views