Dec 30, 2017 I had had my gastric 2 years ago and last week out of no where had some...

Leese71
on 12/30/17 9:15 am
RNY on 12/28/16

?

Dec 30, 2017

I had had my gastric 2 years ago and last week out of no where had some stomache pain wihin 4 hours of the first ache the pain level went from 1 to 10000 went to er they gave me pain med knocked me out i woke up at the military hospital that did my surgery and had had an emergency surgery they said another 48 hrs i could of died. Said my intestine went thru a fatty wall got stuck couldnt get out caused blockage, they took out my appendix my ovaries and said there was some kinda greyish slime built upin pocket,,,anyway dr said THis is kinda common after th his surgery...but why so long after and why did they take all the other stuff out and now when i eat all kinds of noises in my stomache and can hardly eat anything .so really

peachpie
on 12/30/17 11:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Sounds like a Peterson's Hernia. I recall my doc warning me about them; said the weight loss could cause pockets the intestine can get caught in. So glad you got it checked out quickly.

Not sure why they took the other stuff- did you ask? Seems like they weren't sure and went to the 'usual suspects'.

What did they tell you to expect I'm terms of recovery pain? What kind of diet are you eating?

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

White Dove
on 12/30/17 1:32 pm - Warren, OH

Getting rid of the appendix is pretty common with abdominal surgery. It's only function is to flare up and cause problems. Not sure at all about the ovaries, I would ask the doctor about that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Shannon S.
on 12/30/17 3:13 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

OMG... that's terrible. Glad you listened to your body and are okay. Never heard of such a thing.

Luvmygs
on 1/3/18 7:18 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I have a friend who went through the same thing. Her intestine was twisted and blocked. Surgeon also told her that its very common with any stomach surgery dealing with the intestines. I'm so happy to hear that you're ok. I would definitely ask the doctor who operated on you why they removed your ovaries. It will take you time to heal, but you'll soon be back to normal eating again. Take care of yourself.

Most Active