Brain games

peachpie
on 2/1/18 6:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

So I live in Philadelphia. It's hard not to fall into the Eagles Super Bowl frenzy. Went out tonight to get a shirt for spirit day at work tomorrow.

I'm a girly- girl, so I like bling, and sparkles etc. I saw a woman holding the ideal girly girl shirt and asked her where she got it. She said it was the last one but asked me if I wanted it. I happily said yeah! She then said, "it's a large anyway, I can't wear it."

Kick in fat girl brain. I know she was being kind in offering it. But what I heard what 'it's a large, way to big for me, good luck trying to stuff yourself in it.' I looked for a while to see if I could find it in a medium- cause I didn't want her statement to be my truth. I did buy it-- ultimately my girly girl desires win out over my self deprecating thoughts.

On to buy jeans. I HATE them, but again, I'm doing up the whole Philly fan thing. I wear a 12- But have to convince myself of that. Bought a pair and intentionally didn't try them on in the store. Cause frankly, I'd rather have my 'they don't fit' meltdown at home. They fit- perfectly. Go figure.

Take that brain.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Rosemi
on 2/1/18 6:37 pm

Peachpie! Large is not LARGE!!!! and if you liked the top at least you didn't have to 'take her down' to get it!! (Just kidding on the take down) Size 12 and a large are tiny to me... you always make me laugh, I love your style..I love your attitude... you were born to conquer mountains and IMHO you do great!!!! Yup...take that brain!!

peachpie
on 2/2/18 3:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Funny about taking her down to get it. The store was SO crowded, and pretty much picked over of the good things, so there was potential for that. I did make up a knock-down drag out story for my husband though :-)

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Writergurl08
on 2/2/18 5:44 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Making up the story for your husband made me snort-laugh. I do the same thing when I come home from shopping. It's almost an inside joke now that I make my shopping sound epic and adventurous with wild tales. It's funny to us because he's constantly commenting about how I'm the most low-key shopper he's ever known. His mom is a shop-til-you-drop type and I'm very much "I want a shirt. I like this one. Let's go." Kind of shopper. But then I'll come home and tell him about a "high speed car chase because a woman wanted the shirt I yanked from her very hands."

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

jenorama
on 2/1/18 8:43 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Well, now we need a pic of you in your girly Eagles shirt! :D

Jen

peachpie
on 2/2/18 6:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Since you requested...

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/18 7:38 am

Looking sexy. Love it.

The whole brain thing sucks.

jenorama
on 2/2/18 7:44 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Looking good, lady!

Jen

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/2/18 11:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You look great in that shirt (nice girly cut), but shouldn't it have the PATRIOTS on it? Just kidding. BTW, I was born in PA so if my Mom was alive she'd be routing for both teams.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/18 10:22 am, edited 2/3/18 2:22 am

That?s extremely cute and fits you purrfectly lol... haven?t you learned yet that size 2x in Walmart is often just a medium ? ( at least in the men?s sizes ) ... saving fabric i guess.

Who the heck cares what a label says ... you?re finally free of label tyranny !!! ( that's body self confidence young lady )

Most Active