Superbowl: totally off topic

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/18 3:59 pm

im watching the Super Bowl on the exact same NBC sports app simultaneously on a ROKU equipped tv and on my I pad.

The thing is the pic on the TV is ridiculously blurry to the point of being unwatchable. Isn't denying free network tv service to consumers illegal according to fcc rules? I was warned this could happen .. but am still shocked.

Whats your experience around the country ? ( I'm in greater NY)

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/18 4:16 pm

They radically improved the focus by the middle of the first quarter probably because the FCC got a million complaints literally !!! Can you believe the b...s to try something like this ? Forcing consumers to pay to subscribe to tv .. besides getting paid for advertising time of course ... grrr

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/4/18 6:59 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If there were (literally) a million complaints to the FCC about poor picture quality, it would have shown up on the news by now.

News flash: it hasn't.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

on 2/4/18 6:58 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Sounds like you're watching through an app, rather than over the air. The picture quality will be bad if your Internet connection is slow, or if there are a lot of people trying to watch the same online screen.

The FCC isn't doing anything wrong here.

Cathy H.
on 2/4/18 7:15 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Network TV is only free if you are receiving it through an antenna via airwaves. If you are receiving it through a satellite dish, cable, or streaming, it is not free because you have to pay for those services. No conspiracy or crime going on here. Do some research before spewing nonsense...yet again.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/18 6:48 am

My whole point was that the airwaves ( required free ) version was unwatchable. This breaks our beloved country's laws.

on 2/7/18 7:26 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You weren'****ching over the airwaves, you were watching online.

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/18 9:16 am

And maybe its high time for the broadcasting laws to update - after all NOONE watches tv through an antenna anymore since the stations stopped antenna broadcasting like...TWELVE?!! years ago?

I'm so sick of people getting in line to get financially screwed like lemmings and calling the people who point out the truth crazy...

no... the emperor DOES Have no Clothes... and you ( probably) have no retirement savings or real;istic pension plan, your medical insurance is sketchy at best... and you're probably earning less than it costs you to live.

SO SAD. I ( crazy me) on the other hand made over a half a million dollars this year .

Can you say that ?

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1389 views