Breasts

Shannon S.
on 2/7/18 3:26 am, edited 2/6/18 7:27 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I have a lot of strange pain symptoms/soreness in my breasts. My right one gets a gnawing, pulsing pain in the same spot, and this has been going on for years. I had an ultrasound because I?m less than 40 years old which was negative. Then I talked my doc into ordering a mammogram due to family history of breast ca. That was also negative.

It is probably hormonal. My breasts have been worse since my weightloss phase. Estrogen is stored in fat and when you lose weight, estrogen is dumped into your blood stream. However, you know your body and if something is off, don?t be hesitant to push for testing.

Best of luck!

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/18 6:20 am

Are you an apple shape by chance ? I am and what that means is rapid weight loss /gain/hormonal changes around the heart ( torso) area. Also usually, big, firm natural breasts and often both higher testosterone and estrogen production well into old age which is means of course also a higher risk of both high blood pressure stroke heart disease and breast cancers.

Gosh, I don't mean to scare you only inform you. I myself take tamoxifen to control the extra estrogen and find it really helps my weight my mood and my cancer risk.

(((()))))

personally my firm breasts wont allow a flattening mammogram without tortuous screaming pains worse than " the rack" .. and male docs are a bit too eager to do a twenty minute thorough examination... grrr. Find a sympathetic female GYN you can trust is my advice...

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/7/18 7:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On February 7, 2018 at 2:20 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

Are you an apple shape by chance ? I am and what that means is rapid weight loss /gain/hormonal changes around the heart ( torso) area. Also usually, big, firm natural breasts and often both higher testosterone and estrogen production well into old age which is means of course also a higher risk of both high blood pressure stroke heart disease and breast cancers.

Gosh, I don't mean to scare you only inform you. I myself take tamoxifen to control the extra estrogen and find it really helps my weight my mood and my cancer risk.

(((()))))

personally my firm breasts wont allow a flattening mammogram without tortuous screaming pains worse than " the rack" .. and male docs are a bit too eager to do a twenty minute thorough examination... grrr. Find a sympathetic female GYN you can trust is my advice...

Citation needed, please.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MarinaGirl
on 2/7/18 2:33 pm, edited 2/7/18 6:36 am

Inaccurate generalizations. I have an apple shape, or at least I did when I was overweight, and I have never had large breasts. AND I have always been happy with their size. They are even smaller now that I have lost all my excess weight and that is just fine. Your statements about high testosterone & estrogen levels are also not a given and not my experience.

Janet P.
on 2/7/18 12:11 pm

I had massive breasts before my DS (48GG). I actually do remember itching and just overall uncomfortableness of these things that were ultimately hanging down to my waist (I referred to them as my grandma boobs). Weight loss also brings major hormonal changes. As long as you eliminate anything serious (cancer, etc.) it's probably just the weight loss changes.

Check with your doctor (GYN) to ensure that medically there's nothing wrong.

PS - I was incredibly fortunate that at the same time as my tummy tuck (covered by insurance) the surgeon also did a breast lift (I paid about $5K 10 years ago). They aren't perfect but no more grandma boobs

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Caff
on 2/10/18 6:54 am

Thank you for all of your replies. Sorry I haven't responded, I was at a conference all week.

I am 38 years old, am pear-shaped and I'm not taking any hormones. I wear fitted, good quality bras.

Things have calmed down this week, the soreness is gone and itchiness is not as maddening but is still there. Still a bit lumpy, but it really seems to be mammary ducts.

I am seeing a GYN in a week and I will definitely bring it up.

I am not overly concerned but will do my due diligence. Mostly though, I was concerned that there isn't much out there about this, within the WLS community. It's reassuring to see that others have experienced similar issues.

I will keep y'all updated if anything comes of it.

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

Most Active