ebook for deciding WLS @ Mexico???

TomasL
on 2/27/18 10:20 am

Hi everybody!

I have been searching info regarding bariatric doctors in Mexico for my revision surgery, their credentials, prices, customer experience, and noticed there is a lot of sketchy information out there...

So I'm considering developing an ebook ($50 aprox) that elaborates on top bariatric doctors, credentials, validated surgery numbers, experience, hospitals and their certifications, health concerns, red flags, tips, Health Secretary, Police and news info concerning doctors-hospitals, insurance, etc.

Do you guys think that someone looking for bariatric surgery might purchase it?

What other info do you think is important?

hollykim
on 2/27/18 10:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 27, 2018 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, TomasL wrote:

Hi everybody!

I have been searching info regarding bariatric doctors in Mexico for my revision surgery, their credentials, prices, customer experience, and noticed there is a lot of sketchy information out there...

So I'm considering developing an ebook ($50 aprox) that elaborates on top bariatric doctors, credentials, validated surgery numbers, experience, hospitals and their certifications, health concerns, red flags, tips, Health Secretary, Police and news info concerning doctors-hospitals, insurance, etc.

Do you guys think that someone looking for bariatric surgery might purchase it?

What other info do you think is important?

no most ppl know how to do their own research.

You seem awfully anxious to sell an ebook.

Gwen M.
on 2/27/18 10:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I doubt this would fill a need - all of this information is easily available online.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Luis45
on 2/27/18 1:43 pm

Thanks for the reply, it is good to hear an objective opinion

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/27/18 11:02 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Fifty bucks? No way. I paid $15 for my copy of Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies, and I wouldn't pay any more than that for a commercial resource-- especially one put together by a random stranger on the Internet with no credentials.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kathy S.
on 2/27/18 11:12 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

It would be difficult to keep up to date and most of us can do our own research on the surgeons.

I can send you some information on surgeons in MX that does revisions. What surgery did you have before? It makes a big difference if you are coming from a removed band and or VSG to RNY.

If you are here to get help may I suggest you put more information on your profile and what shows when you post. Surgery type, date, otherwise people will think you are just here to sell something....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

TomasL
on 2/28/18 10:35 am

I really appreciate any suggestions;

Gastric band on 2014 and I think I want a RNY.

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/18 12:08 pm, edited 2/27/18 4:10 am

You may do financially better being a travel agent who specializes in medical tourism. There are some REALLY good agencies in say Eastern Europe ( I?ve used one .. and not only did I get expedited appointments so I could complete ( a dental implant and individual hair superfine micro needle eyebrow tattoos) in just a few weeks so I could make my flight home - I actually found that rates booked through them were far cheaper and they recommended literally the best dentists and aestheticians in the country.

I came back and did Lipo and more tattooing ( eyelids) and laser skin surfacing .

I would absolutely use them again .

TomasL
on 2/28/18 7:45 am

Thanks for all the replies!

Valerie G.
on 3/2/18 8:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Do some comparison research in the book sales arena. I've written three books on totally different topics (opening a BBQ restaurant, living off-grid and a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt textbook), available as ebook and paperback. Based on what I've seen and researched $50 is way too much to ask if you want more than a couple of sales a year. Most e-books sell for around $3-10, and studies show that people really don't think anything to buy something for less than $5, but pause when it comes higher than that and especially when you cross over to $10, so it had better be highly recommended beyond $10. Even my 300+ page text book is going for $30, I think, as an ebook. It runs $50 as a paperback, which is still reasonable as far as textbooks go. They will pay more for actual books, but royalties are less.

Amazon/Kindle has a self-publishing program where you can publish in both ebook and paperback with no upfront costs. Amazon prints the paperbacks on-demand and takes a higher cut on the book sale, plus the cost of the book.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes