Bullying

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/18 8:49 am

i hate calling attention to trolling and semi-trolling ( just nasty comments) HOWEVER... no one deserves to be called out by name , insulted called ' crazy" fat .. unhinged or whatever. OH is meant to be a SUPPORTIVE site ... that means we don't attack and humiliate each other.

can we please try to help each other and others?

Amy R.
on 3/18/18 9:06 am

What?!

Do you have a link or a copy of the thread? Arguments get heated around here and those who participate are 99.9% doing it because they believe that what worked for them would work for others. In that spirit those who see non-compliant behavior or addiction red-flags and then comment with warnings do so with the only intention being to prevent some pretty nasty outcomes. Several of us have been here a while and believe me we've seen or done it all.

Weight gain is one of those things but it's not the only one; it's not even the worst one. People die. Or their health is impacted for the rest of their lives.

Once in a while we get folks who are offended because of a blunt comment. Or because they (wrongly) think that they can control responses to their own posts. And yes - people are not always sweet or kind. But if you've found someone crossing a line I hope you've reported it to the mods here.

Amy R.
on 3/18/18 9:07 am
On March 18, 2018 at 3:49 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

i hate calling attention to trolling and semi-trolling ( just nasty comments) HOWEVER... no one deserves to be called out by name , insulted called ' crazy" fat .. unhinged or whatever. OH is meant to be a SUPPORTIVE site ... that means we don't attack and humiliate each other.

can we please try to help each other and others?

for future clarifications if necessary =)

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/18 9:13 am

I would NEVER report to "moderators " because im not a " snitch" .. however the violations are obvious ... and really ... who cares ...HOWEVER.

The reality is a lot of overweight kids and vulnerable teens shadow this forum. They see how other overweight or ex--overweight people are treated ( often not kindly nor sympathetically ) .

We as adults DO have responsibility to extend support .

Amy R.
on 3/18/18 9:20 am

I will never disagree that we have a responsibility. We absolutely do.

Personally I don't think reporting behavior inappropriate for this forum (as defined in the terms of service) is being a snitch. It's actually a more responsible way than starting a nebulous thread on the matter in my opinion.

Amy R.
on 3/18/18 9:21 am
On March 18, 2018 at 4:13 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

I would NEVER report to "moderators " because im not a " snitch" .. however the violations are obvious ... and really ... who cares ...HOWEVER.

The reality is a lot of overweight kids and vulnerable teens shadow this forum. They see how other overweight or ex--overweight people are treated ( often not kindly nor sympathetically ) .

DANG it!!!! I always forget this part!

hollykim
on 3/19/18 5:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 18, 2018 at 4:13 PM Pacific Time, quutgrrl wrote:

those same kids shadowing see YOU posting about your hot boyfriends, ****** a life without drugs and alcohol just being "no fun", and you have the nerve to try to chastise others? Please just please.

YOU put your name out here into the universe long ago so don't fault others for using it now, Ava.

you are the textbook definition of a hypocritical passive- aggressive, narcissistic person.

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/18 9:42 am
VSG on 03/01/18

Oh dear, I was just reading one of ur threads about drugs & was terrified for u. I thought u were a teenager having a hard time. But then ai seen RNY 2011- so u must be at least 30? Lol because I heard somebody call me their grandmother, u knw well maybe u dnt yet but I'm 52 so those are fighting words lol.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/20/18 10:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

OP is likely in her 50's. She has a history of very erratic posting, and many of us are very concerned about her mental health and possible substance abuse issues.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/18 6:25 pm
VSG on 03/01/18

If u ever read any troublesome post from me, it's gon be alchohol related cuz I dont knw how to drink - we cant drink anyway huh? And cuz I'm bat **** crazy- sometimes not all the time. Lol.

Most Active