New Start

Annie7314
on 4/27/18 6:08 pm

Hello! I am new but not new to OH.com. I haven't been on here since probably 2005. I had open gastric bypass on February 25, 2005. I did pretty good but not as good as I should have. At one point I went back up to almost my starting weight before surgery but am down 80lbs and have been there for awhile now. Fluctuating between 280-300. I went back to the bariatric center yesterday and am starting over with the diet plan. But, I weighed in at 280.8lbs yesterday, which I am happy with only because for about a month I have started losing weight. March 29th I weighed in at my primary doctor's and I was 283.3lbs. Then 2 weeks later on April 12th I was 280.3. Then yesterday, 2 weeks later, 280.8. So, I go back on May 24th to see where I am at. I forgot to ask the dr to see how much weight I can lose by then since it has been 13 yrs since surgery. I know I can't do this without help, so I hope to be on here often. I look forward to meeting lots of new people.

Amy R.
on 4/28/18 10:23 am

Glad you are back. You can maximize your weight loss if you follow some dietary guidelines. It's good to get input on possible improvements to your eating plan and you can if you are up to posting a sample daily menu. There are many here that are incredibly skilled at spotting areas where changes might be made that would be helpful.

It's up to you and you have to be able to process constructive feedback without letting your feelings get hurt but if I were you I'd consider it.

Good luck regardless. Hope you can stick around. Posting regularly here helps a lot of us longer term postops stay accountable and focused.