I'm so nervous!!

MadisonRose
on 6/1/18 6:28 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

I'm just posting because I could use some prayers and positive thoughts.

Many of you know my story about how my health insurance does not cover weight loss surgery and how badly I want it....how badly I need it!

For the past couple years I've been trying to find a way to get it...applied for grants, Medicaid, asked family for help, searched for jobs with different health coverage, even considered going to Mexico. Nothing has worked out so far and I still need to save some money to do the Mexico route. So I've gotten a second part time job just to get some extra money.

Anyway, I had a phone interview today for a full time job with a really good company with excellent benefits. The salary would be 12k more than what I make now, but best of all is their health insurance covers weight loss surgery! I have my second interview with the company next Wednesday. It's a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I'm just a bottle of nerves!!

i know that even if I get the job it doesn't guarantee me getting the surgery. I know there are many more hoops I'll have to jump through and if I get the surgery...it's still going to be a lot of hard work on my part. But I figure this is at least a start and I can finally see a glimmer of hope.

please say a prayer for me that I can get this job so that I can start my journey to becoming healthier and to start living my life again. I don't want to go on living this way or rather not living. I just hope my nerves can calm down so I don't completely blow the interview.

I appreciate any positive vibes you can send my way! Thanks in advance!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/18 6:05 am

Good luck hope your interview goes or went well! Keep believing and dreaming! I truly believe in the power of positive thinking.

MadisonRose
on 6/13/18 5:23 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Just wanted to post an update. After three interviews, I was offered the job today! I know this is just a start, but at least the health insurance with this job covers wls. At least I'm finally getting somewhere!

Partlypollyanna
on 6/14/18 3:30 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Congratulations!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active