Importance of Following Post Op Instructions

100less
on 8/20/18 1:45 pm - Stafford, VA

My sister had weight loss surgery last year. Three weeks later she ate part of a submarine sandwich, vomited in her sleep, aspirated and died.

I can't remember what she should be eating a three weeks but I was worried when she said she was having the surgery because of something like this. Now she is gone.

jamijolpn525
on 8/20/18 1:54 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. She should have been on either liquids or soft proteins. At least that is the way it was my surgeon. Each clinic is a little different but it is so important to follow your doctor's rules. I will keep you in my prayers.

hollykim
on 8/20/18 2:43 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 20, 2018 at 8:45 PM Pacific Time, 100less wrote:

My sister had weight loss surgery last year. Three weeks later she ate part of a submarine sandwich, vomited in her sleep, aspirated and died.

I can't remember what she should be eating a three weeks but I was worried when she said she was having the surgery because of something like this. Now she is gone.

so sorry for your loss.

This tragedy was not the fault of the surgery.

Wishing you all the best.

GrammySusan
on 8/20/18 6:59 pm

So very sorry for the loss of your sister. My heart breaks for you!

momyshaver
on 8/21/18 2:14 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. While it was not the fault of the surgery, I can see there were some serious concerns you had about her emotional readiness for the shift to a bariatric lifestyle. I don't know what else to say except I am sorry for your loss, (and you are right, it is very important to follow post op instructions after any surgery especially one as life changing as bariatric surgery)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1141 views