Did you have to announce your weight in front of your classmates in your education classes?

Roselane
on 10/9/18 8:41 pm, edited 10/9/18 1:42 pm

I think I will just mention it to her. She seems like a nice person and she actually had WLS herself, in addition to being a nurse. Even if it is not technically a violation, it certainly goes against the spirit of privacy rights and HIPAA. I actually wonder if this rule came down from the director of the program.

chevtow41
on 10/11/18 2:02 pm
DS on 11/11/14

I didn't have any group classes but that sounds stupid.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/11/18 6:48 pm

Nope nope nope. You shouldn't be forced to do that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SweetRide1
on 10/14/18 4:59 am
RNY on 01/16/18

At my clinic, there is a sign on the wall that states "YOU ARE NOT A NUMBER ON A SCALE. IF YOU WISH TO SKIP YOUR WEIGH IN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO".

At the support group that I go to which is run by the Hospital where I had my surgery, we are NOT allowed to talk numbers. That's the cardinal rule. We all introduce ourselves and talk about our experiences but what we weigh and how much we have lost in NUMBERS is forbidden.

I cringed when I read the OP post. Seriously? I remember skipping phys ed on weigh in days. I remember, not going to the doctor because I knew he would put me on a scale and embarrass me.

I'm shocked that your clinic (Education Class) would have you publicly declare your weight to the group. I can tell you right now, I would not. That's absolutely brutal and totally counterproductive. Horrible IMO.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Liz J.
on 10/16/18 8:59 am
DS on 11/29/16

Have you gone to your first class yet? How did it go? I hope everything went well.

Maybe you could talk to the people who run the class, let them know they about the replies you've received here. It might help them get more people to the support group if they didn't embarrass them every meeting.

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1517 views