When did you replenish your wardrobe? What did you do for the "in-between"...

VioletFemme
on 10/21/18 3:16 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

As you were losing weight, what did you for clothing when you were in the in between of phase of losing a lot of weight, but not yet at your goal weight?

I thought about thrift stores, but since Goodwill shut down in Canada, the other thrift stores charge the same price as fast fashion places (Old Navy, Forever 21 etc).

Ladies, what did you do for bras? I currently were 38K/95K UK size, which I think is a 38N in Canada/US sizes. What did you do for bras as you were losing? My biggest issue is that I have to order my bras online and it takes 6 weeks and what if my bra size is different by the time I receive it?

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/21/18 4:27 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I bought a few items at each size from online consignment shops as my weight went down (Thredup.com or Swap.com). I had to have good fitting clothes for the office so I would buy a pair of black pants, a pair of grey pants and a couple of cardigans (black or grey). There was more leeway on size ranges on the cardigans and blouses and shells could be worn for MANY sizes under them. I let my casual clothing get more baggy than work clothes - leggings can usually go a long way as can sweatshirts (obviously). I sewed deeper seams into lots of clothes to be able to wear it at smaller sizes. Most clothes can go down at least 2 sizes that way, sometimes more. I let my underpants almost get to the falling off stage. I only replaced my bras twice I think, but that's because I was wearing them too small at my heaviest. I just bought inexpensive ones when I felt I was at an in-between stage.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

peachpie
on 10/21/18 5:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm in the US so I relied on thrift stores to the extent I could. When I needed something otherwise, I refused to pay more than $20 for an item, and bought bare minimums to get by.

Discout retailers- Burlington, TJMaxx, Marshall's would be my go to stores. I'm my fast losing phase I was in a new suze every six weeks.

i bought quality bras, I wouldn't skimp on undergarments. I went through a few sizes, but got by on one or two bras only.

I can't imagine anything I order online these days taking more than a week to be delivered. (Unless it's coming from China). I'd have to find a new retailer- there has to be someone else who can deliver faster.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

VioletFemme
on 10/21/18 5:44 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I have the fast shipment expectation other items, but very few retailers make bras in my size. My bras are hand made in Poland, so that adds to the delay. Hopefully if I can get down to G cup UK sizes, I can buy more pre-made mass produced bras. I really hope that I don't stay as busty as I lose weight (i.e. go from a 40K to a 32K or something).

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

PCBR
on 10/22/18 5:36 am

I will buy bras from Barenecessities.com. They stock many large sized bras (I've gotten G-cups there), as well as UK sizes. See if they can ship to the UK?

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

VioletFemme
on 10/22/18 7:08 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I live in Canada, not the UK.

Thank you for this link!!!!!!

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019

TripleAxel
on 10/22/18 12:14 pm
VSG on 09/20/18

Well, I know the first thing I lost was my boobs, so hopefully you'll lose there as well!

Age 56. HW: 233 SW: 214 VSG 9/20/18, Hosp. of the Univ. of Pennsylvania, Dr. Noel Williams

PCBR
on 10/21/18 8:59 pm

I'm going to have to buy some new bras soon, even though I'm 30lbs from my surgeon's goal,and 50lbs from mine. I think I will buy a smaller band size and use a bra extender to size it up until I get smaller.

As far as clothes, I have some smaller size clothes that I held on to. If I go down another size, I'll have to shop a bit.

Miss150
on 10/22/18 4:57 am

Bra extender--Great idea! What was crazy for me and my experience was that as my band size decreased, my cup size increased for a while- up to a point. Then, what used to be melons morphed into muffins-and diminished to cookies...(sigh)

Congratulations on your WL--May your melons stay just the way you want them to! Smiles, -bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

PCBR
on 10/22/18 8:32 pm, edited 10/22/18 1:32 pm

Lol, thanks! My ?melons? look more like spaghetti squashes, so we shall see. I don't know if I'd mind "cookies"..these things are tough to carry around

Most Active