survey link: Food insecurity after bariatric surgery - research

hanaflynn
on 10/29/18 8:21 am

Hello! Here is the link to take our survey on the food security after bariatric surgery. The only requirement to participate is that you are 18 years of age or older, and have had at least one bariatric procedure. You don't have to be food insecure to take the survey! The text of our original post is below the link.

https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3BIR63bxp5FWAdv. Participation should take 10-15 minutes; when you reach the end of the main survey, you'll be given the option to complete several more surveys, which will take an additional 5-10 minutes, or end the survey there.

Thank you for your participation, and please feel free to get in touch with me, or my collaborator Andrea Rigby, if you have questions.

Also feel free to share the survey link directly, or on social media, with others who have had bariatric surgery who might like to participate!

[email protected]; [email protected]

original post:

Hello! My name is Hana Zickgraf, and I'm a clinical psychologist specializing in eating disorders and other barriers to having a positive relationship with food. I'm conducting research with Penn State Hershey on how people who are food insecure manage after bariatric surgery. Food insecurity is defined as lacking reliable access to sufficient desirable food for an active, healthy life. People who are food insecure are not necessarily hungry. Food insecurity can also mean not having access to the types of food people want to eat. People *****ceive nutrition assistance benefits can still be food insecure. This is a problem that affects 15.6 million people in the US. So far, the impact of food insecurity for people who have had bariatric surgery has not been studied.

hanaflynn
on 11/1/18 7:52 am

Thanks so much to everyone who has participated so far! Please feel free to let us know if anything in the survey was confusing, felt inaccurate, or didn't fully capture your experience. And please feel free to share the survey with others!
Thank you for your help with our research!

Most Active