Pregnancy after

Karlee64
on 10/29/18 6:35 pm

i haven't had surgery yet but I've been wondering is it challenging afterwards to be pregnant? Did you have any problems or complications?

Amy R.
on 10/30/18 6:17 am, edited 10/29/18 11:21 pm

Hi!

Not sure how familiar you are with OH, but there is a Pregnancy Forum here that you might check out. Everyone one I know who has gotten pregnant post op has done just fine but I'm sure there are considerations; you might want to check there.

edited because here's the link It doesn't look like much is going on over there but I'm sure some post-op mamas will come along soon.

hollykim
on 10/30/18 6:54 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 30, 2018 at 1:35 AM Pacific Time, Karlee64 wrote:

i haven't had surgery yet but I've been wondering is it challenging afterwards to be pregnant? Did you have any problems or complications?

it is apparently extremely easy to get pregnant post wls. It is one reason many surgeons,and all should ,actually,recommend that couples use at least two different kinds of birth control after wls,until they are ready to conceive.

most of the pregnancies we have read about here have been perfectly healthy for mom and fetus.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/30/18 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi! I got pregnant 13 months after surgery, and had a SUPER healthy pregnancy. No complications at all, save a bit of excitement during labor, and my son is incredibly healthy.

I think it was a *****allenging to manage my eating while pregnant. I was constantly queasy during my first trimester, and carbs were the only thing I could keep down. That led me to get into some bad habits throughout pregnancy, and I didn't squash them after my son was born. They really snowballed for me, and even though my son is about to turn 3, I'm actually 10lb heavier right now than my highest pregnancy weight. I'm working on it, though, and thankfully my tool is still working to help me get back to a healthy place; I probably won't be as tiny as I was before pregnancy, but I'll definitely be healthier!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1411 views