How did your Thanksgiving go? Mine was great until....

Kathy S.
on 11/27/18 6:19 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

So? How did it go? I was over the moon being with my family. Long story short my family and my DIL's family have all relocated from CA to NC. Seriously I mean everyone LOL It was amazing to have the entire family at Thanksgiving!

So I was doing great with all those proteins and then my little 3 year old grandson went to his Mommy and said he wanted Nana to have a piece of pumpkin pie with "lots" of whipped cream. It was the sweetest thing. So what did I do? I sat there with him on my lap and we shared some bites. Yes, no passing on that one when it came from his little heart.

So, how did you do? I love when we share what works and not. It helps for all the other life events with food

Take care,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Liz J.
on 11/27/18 8:03 am
DS on 11/29/16

I did great the day of, it was the rest of the four days off that I messed up... back on track and not too terrible... It's the last 5 pounds that I want to lose and it just loves me sooo much. They don't want to leave. I feel if I can just stay on program and come out of the holidays at my current weight, I'll be ahead of the game for the new year.

It's funny that the first 100 was easier than the last 5!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Kathy S.
on 11/27/18 8:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Liz,

Those dreaded leftovers I was lucky I was not home and only took turkey. I just read your words and want to stand and cheer. You are so in charge, really! Do you remember the old days when we just accepted 20 pound gain during the holidays and would start the New year diet, AGAIN? You have done an amazing job and yes enjoy and stay focused. I enjoy myself, but make sure I don't get back on that merry go round of "dieting" that we have to watch out for.

Way to go

Valerie G.
on 12/1/18 10:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Crazy enough, when it comes to holidays, I eat protein-forward, but when it comes to everything back, I don't hold back on anything. Everyone else is indulging - why not me? I've had this attitude for 13 years, and I always drop a couple of pounds in the process. Go figure...

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kathy S.
on 12/3/18 8:25 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Sounds like a great plan to me... It's working for you

Most Active