WLS App?

Pure_Prairie
on 1/4/19 4:53 pm
VSG on 01/10/19

Wow! See I hadn't found the journaling feature. I have been using the blog on here to serve that function. I had never been a journaler (sp****il this WL journey and suddenly it just feels right. I feel like I am sorting out feelings far beyond just WLS, the issues that were living under the surface of my overeating that I was refusing to let myself think about or worse...feel.

I had seen ads for Noom but it hadn't even occurred to me to use for this, thanks for your reviews. I appreciate everyone's input on which apps they like but even more so their "why" they like them.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/7/19 11:22 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I tried Noom because of the coaching and was really disappointed. My coach often took two days (or longer) to get back to any messages. A conversation could take over a week! I won't be renewing my account.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Roselane
on 1/4/19 9:31 pm

I am having surgery the day before you!

I have used my fitness pal and I liked it, but I also tried my net diary and that one was a better fit for me. I forget why, it might have been because it was easier to customize odd portions. It also has the scan feature.

For a while after surgery, I think I will use an interval app to remind me to sip water every 5-10 minutes and avoid dehydration. It is called IntervalTimer. It dings at intervals and you don't have to reset it every time.

i am also going to set my Fitbit to vibrate and remind me to walk a bit every hour or two during the day to avoid blood clots.

i already have Alexa, my laptop, my iPhone and iPad reminding (nagging?) me to take vitamins and go to the Y in the middle of every day.

Pure_Prairie
on 1/5/19 8:01 am
VSG on 01/10/19

Thanks!

Feel free to add me as a friend, I want to hear how you are progressing.

So are you a HUGE Gilda fan?!? Judy Miller is my all time FAV, my son loves Rosanna Rosana Danna! We quote the Dr. Joyce Brothers skit constantly. Truly everything she said and did, loved her book, "It's Always Something." and of course I cannot wait to see the new movie, "Love, Gilda" the one with Jamie Gertz with the Saccharine song. Sorry I am gushing but I just love Gilda.

Amy B

HW: 183 Pre-Op: 171 Post WLS Month 1: 149 Month 2: 141 Month 3: 133

Surgeon's goal: 128 My Goal: 118

Roselane
on 1/5/19 11:07 am

Will do, I did not even know we could add people as friends.

yes, I love Gilda! I saw the Love Gilda documentary on CNN and it was great! I had not heard about the one with Jame Gertz, thanks for the info!

Best of luck to you, we have less than a week to go!

Pure_Prairie
on 1/5/19 12:53 pm
VSG on 01/10/19

cheers to more liquids and what feels like a birthday.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/7/19 11:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19

As a data nerd, I'm all about tracking progress. Here's what I use:

• MyFitnessPal (website/app) to log and track food and water
  • Daylio (app) to track moods
  • Spreadsheet to track lab work-- here's a template that you can copy in Google Sheets
  • Fitbit (app) to track steps and exercise, since I have a tracker... and I have it plugged into MFP to mark down my exercise there as well

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 1:00 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Completely derailing the thread but OMG, I LOVE the treadmill Corgis!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Pure_Prairie
on 1/7/19 1:03 pm
VSG on 01/10/19

TOTALLY AGREE!

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/23 6:47 am

Regarding your question about WLS apps, I personally haven't used any specifically for weight loss surgery, but I have found that using a general fitness app like MyFitnessPal can be helpful for tracking water intake and weight loss progress. It's user-friendly and has a large food database that can help with tracking your nutrition as well. As for tracking water intake specifically, have you considered using a water tracking app like WaterMinder or Plant Nanny? They're both simple and intuitive, and can help remind you to drink water throughout the day.

Most Active