Goal Weight

Liz J.
on 1/4/19 7:11 am
DS on 11/29/16
So, I really wanted to lose weight over the holidays and I didn't...:( On the other hand, I didn't gain anything either. ;) I'm going to take that for a win! :ROFLMAO:

I'm currently working on getting my carbs back down and eating cleaner as I start my last 100 Day Challenge on Monday. I haven't decided what my final goal weight should be... My BMI is barely normal, I have a lot of extra skin that my doctor says is about 10lbs... I'm 5 foot almost 5 inches tall and currently weigh 148, thinking about making 140 my end all be all goal. I'm extremely comfortable at my current size. I can get down to train puppies or play with with my granddaughter on the floor AND get back up without help. My husband already thinks I'm tiny...:laugh: To be honest my original goal was 175# and was praying I'd be a size 16, I'm now a size 8 and really can't see myself down to a 6... How did you decided what your goal was/is? My surgeon feels that I'm below goal, my PCP says that a few more pounds might help me get off my last medication, which is really the only reason I see to lose more weight.

Thoughts?

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

catwoman7
on 1/4/19 7:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

10 lbs of loose skin would be *a lot* - unless there's still some fat in there. A lot of people who've done plastics only have about 2-3 lbs of loose skin - unless they still have some fat that's lipo'ed out. At your current weight, I kind of doubt you have a lot of excess fat unless you have a really small frame. But then, I'm not an MD, whereas your doctor *is*, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm just going by what people in the plastic surgery forum post - and from my own experience as well as that of others I've actually talked to that have had plastic surgery.

I'm 5'6". I got down to 138 but have gradually gained up to 150, which is still within a normal BMI range for me. I'm OK with where I'm at. I had a DEXA scan about 18 months ago when I was 146, and my fat percentage at that point was 22%, which is kind of on the low side for women. You might look into a DEXA if you're curious. I thought at 146 I needed to lose more weight, but no, I didn't. I was OK where I was.

the DEXA scans that physicians refer you to don't do body composition - they only do mineral density. The ones that do body composition as well are often commercial outfits - or some university athletic depts do them (and they're usually cheaper there if you can find one nearby). It was after I had the DEXA that I was at a pretty good weight for me...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz J.
on 1/4/19 8:40 am
DS on 11/29/16

Ummm... When he said 10lbs it was when I weighted more. Maybe it's less now. He was doing a total extra skin and I went from almost 400lbs down to 150lbs, I don't know if that makes a difference. So it would be tummy, thighs, arms, and boobs.

Liz

catwoman7
on 1/4/19 10:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Could be. I also went from close to 400 to 150, but if he told you that when you weighed more, he may have been right. Like I said, he's a doctor, I'm not...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Haley_Martinez
on 1/4/19 9:50 am
RNY on 05/03/18

My goal weight is totally arbitrary lol I had just always dreamed of being 125 pounds so that's what I put. Plus, I carried my weight in such a way that I now have a very thick and pronounced apron on skin/fat on my abdomen, so I can't really just wait until I like the way I look because I'm not going to like what I see until after I have plastics.

My thought is that I will always be able to gain weight back if I don't like how thin I am a lot easier than I will be able to lose more weight if I don't like how fat I am. Also, getting off that last medication would be a huge motivation for me. Again, if losing a little more doesn't get you off it and you don't like being that thin, you can always gain back 10 pounds or whatever pretty easy

Best of luck and congratulations on not gaining over the holidays. I know Christma**** me hard!

27 years old - 5'5" tall - HW: 260 - SW: 255 - LW: 132.0 - Regain: 165.0

Pre Op - 5.0, M1 - 25.6, M2 - 15.6, M3 - 14.0, M4 - 13.4, M5 - 10.8, M6 - 13.8, M7 - 9.8, M8 - 7.8, M9 - 2.8, M10-2.4, M11-0, M12-7

Lower Body Lift with Dr. Carmina Cardenas - 5/3/19

Janet P.
on 1/4/19 9:55 am

Honestly Liz for me goal weight is just a number. I've learned over the past 15+ years that the number really doesn't mean anything. It's how I feel that's important. If you feel losing more weight will help you get off your meds, then work toward it - back to basics.

I don't even think I have a "normal" BMI but I honestly don't care because it's also just a number. This journey has really opened my eyes about numbers (both weight and clothes size) and I try not to concern myself about either.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Kristi T.
on 1/4/19 10:20 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

My goal weight has bounced around so much over the past few years, so I am not much help in that area. Just wanted to say congratulations, you are doing amazing Liz!

Kathy S.
on 1/4/19 11:11 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Keep the weight of the skin in mind when you are looking for a number on the scale. For me it was all about how I felt? My range is big LOL but I feel my best between 120-130. I can move better, body does not hurt and I feel great as in my energy level. As soon as I start pushing towards 140 I can tell the difference again all in how I feel.

Focus on how you feel at different weights and you will know what is best for you. Try not to get too hung up on a number though..... Feel great Liz

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

MarinaGirl
on 1/5/19 8:17 am

You had surgery 2+ years ago; do you really not know what goal weight you desire? You share your weight stats in most of your posts looking for kudos (imo) so it sounds like you already have a plan/strategy.

Liz J.
on 1/5/19 7:01 pm, edited 1/6/19 10:22 pm
DS on 11/29/16

I've never been this weight it over 40 years, excuse me if I don't know what I should do yet! That's why I?m here. Part of my problem is I?m getting conflicting information from doctors and family. I'm also seeing someone because I'm experiencing body dysmorphic disorder, so yes I'm very focused on the number on the scale, too focused. Plus my weight a stats post is set, like a lot of people have on their profile.

And honestly, didn't anyone every teach you "if you can?t say something nice, shut the **** up!??

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1411 views