Getting to know you....getting to know all about you (2019 edition)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 4:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the first Monday of 2019! It being 2019 is amazing to me; I remember when it was so far away...and now we're closing in on 2020! It seems like Y2K panic was just a few years ago, not 19, lol.

Anyway, as we all settle into our new routines, I bet we have a few new people, a few people coming back and I thought it would be great to ask everyone

1. What's one thing you'd like to tell everyone about yourself
  2. What would you like to get out of this forum/community in 2019

I'll start us off in the replies.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 4:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My interesting thing is that I applied for Teen Jeopardy when I was 15, made it to the in person interview rounds when I was 16 and didn't get on the show because I was "too quiet". When I was 39, I made it through all the hoops as an adult and was on Jeopardy, finally! It was very exciting and fun (and I came in 3rd out of 3, but I did get a double jeopardy successfully and didn't run out of money before final jeopardy and those were the goals I went in with!).

As I move through the last 6-8 months of my honeymoon period, I come to this forum for support, critique of my menu and to offer what guidance I can to the people newer than I am.

My favorite thing is the menu thread and the great ideas I get there!

I appreciate very much everyone's candor and the fact that this is the place where I'm not unusual -- everyone here has struggled with many of the same things I have, and it's rare to have a question/issue/concern that someone else hasn't already encountered! I look forward to more of those insights in 2019!

Jen

Candrews1
on 1/7/19 8:42 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Even though you were 3rd, do you keep your Jeopardy money that you earned? Like if you did Zero out, do they give you anything? Do you get other gifts/prizes? I always wondered. I have never been on a game show..not that smart..lol

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 9:04 am, edited 1/7/19 1:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh the winner for that day keeps the full amount they have but second and third place get a flat dollar amount, so everyone goes home with some $. In 3rd, I won 1k and I think 2nd was 2500.

Jen

Pure_Prairie
on 1/7/19 10:03 am
VSG on 01/10/19

Jeopardy! Wow, that is so amazing, I love that show. I would be so scared that I would have an on television brain freeze! I did do 4 television interviews in August 2000 it was fun being on TV, without the pressure.

I look forward to cooking new recipes, and learning more about ways to eat meals with my family that we can all enjoy together.

Thanks for a fun post idea!

Dcgirl
on 1/7/19 8:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Jen and everyone to come!

Great idea - there are lots of folks who "lurk" and I hope this gives them a reason to say hi! We're not scary, I promise ;)

One thing about myself. My goal in life is to visit 50 states and 50 countries by the time I turn 50. Next month I will be in Iceland, which is country # 47 I believe (will have to go recount). I am missing 10 states. I am 41, so I have 9 years to make it to those states! Frankly, I am more worried about making it to Oklahoma than about making it to 3 more countries lol. No offense to Oklahoma, just haven't had a reason to go yet!

I am here because I am five years post-surgery and have had some regain. I am diligently working towards losing 25 lbs. I am weighing all of my food and tracking it in MyFitnessPal and joining the menu thread to remain vigilant.

While I wouldn't wish obesity or food addiction on my worst enemy, I must say it's a little comforting to know that there is a community of folks who "get it". My normal sized partner (who has never been overweight by an ounce) does NOT understand and certainly doesn't need to be my sounding board about carbs and calories and protein and food obsessing lol.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/7/19 8:43 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, that is an awesome goal! I might have to mimic it, maybe 60 countries by 60 since I think I have a long way to go (I only have to get to Maine to get all 50 states though). Heads off to count all the countries I've visited.

Jen

Dcgirl
on 1/7/19 8:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am missing Maine, Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. I told Juniper Berry and Grim that I am going to come visit them and tour the Northeast. Lobstah Rolls, here I come! (at some point)

The Salty Hag
on 1/7/19 9:39 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I absolutely fell in love with New England. I'd LOVE to live up in NH or Maine. I want to go (back) to there!!

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kristi T.
on 1/7/19 9:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

In 1990 and 1991 I was able to do the whole New England "off season" type adventure. I loved it so much I went back the next year. We made our home base in Ogunquit Maine and took day trips from there, it was amazing!

Most Active