Meet the doctor

Mommy_of_two_29
on 2/12/19 10:26 am

Hello everyone I'm new on this site and I got a call for me to come in and meet the doctor at Toronto western on April 26th does anyone know how long after will my surgery be? I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Kathy S.
on 2/12/19 11:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

Welcome to OH and congratulations on your appointment to get your journey started. If you have not done so be sure and reach out to those that live in your area and may be able to help you with your question.

Keep us posted on how you are doing

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Mommy_of_two_29
on 2/12/19 12:23 pm

Hi Kathy,

thanks for responding how do I reach out to people in my area? Do I need to go on a different site?

thanks

MarinaGirl
on 2/12/19 7:26 pm
On February 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM Pacific Time, Mommy_of_two_29 wrote:

Hi Kathy,

thanks for responding how do I reach out to people in my area? Do I need to go on a different site?

thanks

Welcome! There are many Forums on the OH site. This one is the "General Discussion" Forum. Kathy provided you a link (above) to the OH "Bariatric Surgery in Canada" Forum. We recommend that you post questions like the one in this post in that forum as the folks that read and respond there should be able to provide the info you're requesting on the Canadian bariatric process.

Kathleen W.
on 2/12/19 3:05 pm - Lancaster, PA

Congratulations on starting your journey. You're going to be in for the ride of your lifetime. It's perfectly normal to both nervous and excited at the same time. There are a bunch of things the surgeon will require for you to do before the actual surgery date: cardiac consultation to make sure your heart can handle it, psych evaluation so that you're mentally ready, seeing your family doctor over a period of time mentoring your progress and diet, blood work to make sure everything is up to par, and things of that sort. The surgeon may require to lose weight before hand (mine wanted us to lose 10 lbs before hand), some sort of excercise, etc. The surgeon wants your body in the best possible shot for surgery. If you're using insurance, it could take 6 months, maybe a little longer depending on the company. If you're a self pay, it could be shorter wait time. I hope this helps.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active