FREE CLOTHES! WOMEN'S SUITS AND SUIT SEPARATES

veggiegal10
on 3/15/19 5:38 am

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on in a while but I wanted to check in in the hopes of doing someone a favor. I have several nearly new and unused women's suits (matching suits and suit separates) in sizes 14-16 (including 14P, 14, 14W and 16) from Tahari Levine, Le Suit and others that are WAAAAYYYY to big for me and I hope I will never need again. All are in excellent condition.

I know how expensive dress clothes (in particular suits) can be and how annoying it can be to have to purchase items as you are shrinking, so I'd love to help someone (sorry, ladies only) by providing several suits at little to no cost. (I'm willing to donate, but if you wanted to provide something I wouldn't turn it down). I would donate them to good will, but would love to see them go to some in the WL community.

I prefer not to spend a ton in shipping, especially without knowing whether they fit you, so if you live in the Northern Virginia area or know someone who does who might be interested, they are more than welcome to try them on; OR if you have other suits from the same makers and absolutely know they will fit, I can ship (again, I just don't want to spend a ton on postage).

Happy to connect outside this to send photos if you're interested, just reply to this and let me know. Any questions, just ask. Happy Friday!

Rachel

HW: 227lbs Weight at surgery: 209lbs CW: 153lbs GW: ~145lbs.

VSG w/ Dr. Dunnican 8/10/2009; Revision w/ Dr. Wayne Weiss 3/31/14

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/16/19 8:40 am

That is very kind of you.

If you don't get any takers, do you have local bariatric center near you? If not, there often are shelters for women who would gladly accept business attire to help women in need. A lot of times a woman fleeing abusive relationship not only doesn't take a lots of clothes with her, but often they never had proper clothes to go for business interview or even court hearing.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

veggiegal10
on 3/22/19 10:11 am

That's a good idea, and I certainly would feel good about donating them to a women's shelter or similar organization. Will have to do some research!

HW: 227lbs Weight at surgery: 209lbs CW: 153lbs GW: ~145lbs.

VSG w/ Dr. Dunnican 8/10/2009; Revision w/ Dr. Wayne Weiss 3/31/14

Most Active