Going to get ready to do this one last time

Vanvooh
on 3/20/19 11:47 am

Hello everyone....

A little about me. I need to lose 100+ pounds and am diabetic and have had a heart attack. My medication list keeps growing and growing. I was approved for this surgery once before and actually had a date scheduled and everything. I had a terrible feeling of dread and I cancelled the surgery. Probably a good thing since I ended up having a heart attack 9 months later. Anyway, just got off the phone with the insurance company after enrolling in their program. I have to jump through all the hoops and start this process again... totally not needed but what can you do... anyway.. if all goes well i hope to have a date in September time frame. six months from now Thinking of the Sleeve

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/19 12:27 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Congratulations!

Have you made the decision for the sleeve or was that decision made by your Dr. ? I'm scheduled for RNY tomorrow but have been told I may be switched to the sleeve.

September will be here before you know it! Good luck to you in your journey

Vanvooh
on 3/20/19 1:30 pm

The Dr suggested it so that is why I am thinking the sleeve. Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! You must be excited

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/20/19 2:13 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If you have diabetes, the RNY is generally considered to be the best choice. Many people see their diabetes go into remission VERY quickly after having the RNY, but this doesn't tend to happen with the sleeve.

Ultimately it's your decision, but I would ask more questions about why the doctor suggested the sleeve surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/19 3:01 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Thank you!

Yes I'm excited and nervous!!

Most Active