feeling alone

Gwen M.
on 4/11/19 6:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry that you're feeling totally alone.

You say that you're venting, but in case you'd like some suggestions, I'll share a few.

OH can be great for talking about these things, because we've been there (although we're all in different stages of the process!)

I also found that fitness classes were useful for me for support. Even though I didn't talk about specific weight loss issues like skin and clothing with my fitness class friends, it's just nice to be with people who also care about fitness and healthy lifestyles.

I don't think you sound whiney. I have a hard time too when I feel like I can't talk about the things I'm going through/experiencing with anyone in my life.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz J.
on 4/11/19 6:19 am
DS on 11/29/16

Please come here and share!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Kristi T.
on 4/11/19 10:01 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

You don't sound whinny at all! I agree with everyone, come here to post. The VSG menu forum has been a little slow, but the general board and the RNY forums are usually pretty active. Gwen started a menu prep and recipe thread on the General forum. Welcome, so glad you came to OH:-)

As for the skin issues, definitely see your regular practitioner. It is a good idea to get them documented and get ahead of the problem before it gets worse.

Janet P.
on 4/11/19 10:30 am

Have you thought about starting your own support group? Do you think any of the people who attend the 4x/year group would want to meet more often? When I had my WLS my surgeon had a monthly meeting, but there are about a dozen of us who all lived within about 20 miles of each other, so we created our own weekly support group. That was almost 17 years ago and I'm still friends with many of those same people.

Or as others have suggested, just keep posting here :)

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Willie H.
on 4/12/19 7:17 am
VSG on 08/26/14

You've come to the right place. No one understands what we have been through or are going through like the people here.

Who understands tying a shoe on the angle side because we cannot reach all the way down?

Who understands the fear of walking into a plane, train or a room to sit down knowing that all are hoping you will not sit next to them?

Who understands wearing a tee-shirt, shorts or even sweat pants in a swimming pool or at a beach?

Who understands trying to fit in a booth at a diner or restaurant?

Who understands the NSV's that we have and are so elated about!?

It's here that we understand, and not only understand but want to hear more about what you are going through because we are going through it or have been through it ourselves. So just get on the keyboard and type away! We understand!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Most Active