feeling better

dreamer1234
on 4/19/19 8:09 am

i am 7 months post op and doing well but have complained alot about loose skin, skin breakdown etc. sorry. my pcp was of no help and i live in a small community with limited medical resources. but 3 days ago i went to see an ob-gyn nurse practioner who is a mid-wife and she is really helping me alot with the skin issues. you ladies you ladies out there has anyone else had good luck with ob-gyn's on this issue?just wondering. thanks

kairosgrammy
on 4/19/19 11:36 am
RNY on 10/17/17

I have a lot of loose skin but so far, no skin issues. I think that's because, most of my loose skin is on my butt, arms and thighs. I do have some abdominally but not a lot so it's pretty easy to keep clean and dry.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/20/19 8:57 am, edited 4/20/19 1:57 am

When I had skin issues as I was losing weight, I used good quality antiperspirant to applied between layers of skin to prevent irritation. Frequent showers, with jus****er, not hot but not cold to allow to rinse the perspiration and any bacteria trapped in skin foldes. Drying the skin by gently patting not rubbing the skin helped also. If I got any irritated skin, using anty-fungal cream worked better than antibacterial cream. Topical yeast creams are easy to find in any pharmacy. I would carry a small tube in my purse almost all the time. Keeping that areas clean and dry worked the best for me.

As you are going to lose more weight, you may get issues with bones getting close to the surface no longer protected by layers of fat. It takes time and patience to get used to feeling pressure, or even pain in those areas. I.e tailbone or sitsbones - before I lost all that weight my only concern was "would I fit in that space", now I no longer worry about that, I worry if I can sit in that spot long enough to have a meal, or enjoy the show. Since I need a special "****yx pillow" even in my car, I often bring pillow like that with me to restaurants or shows. Bruising my tailbone is not fun.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

dreamer1234
on 4/20/19 10:35 am

i do appreciate your feedback. i am loosing wt on backside and yes it does hurt to sit sometimes. 2 days ago i had to go back to same hospital that i had the weight loss surgery at, same surgeon but this time to have a non-cancerous growth taken off my scalp. it was like they had me put on this hospital gown that was huge, something i would have fit in 7 months ago but i had to ask them if they had anything alot smaller. i have this good luck tee shirt that says "you don't know how strong you are until you have weight loss surgery". my surgeon actually let me take this into the or with me. my life is changing so much. i have 50 lbs left for me to get 1/2 of my wt off. this is so unreal! but i love it! i plan to buy a pr of jeans in size 20 the first of the month. 7 months ago i could not find jeans big enough to fit me.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/20/19 11:57 am

I didn't spent a lot of money while losing. If you can buy something in a thrift store, because you may pass the size as you sleep.

I bought a few items (thrift, or on sale) for later, and blew by those sizes before I had a chance to wear them. But since I didn't spent a lot of time or money to get them, I had no problem giving them away.

My original goal was not weight but size. My goal was to get to size 12 or below, and stay that. I flew by that in less than a month. Eventually my body settled on 6-10, with some 12 or XL from older clothes.

Have in mind that size vanity is real, what used to be size 8 20 years ago is now 2 or 4., I have casual clothes that old that I kept from when I was younger. Some of them used to comfortable on me, and I don't even want to get that small now to try to fit I them. I think that as I got older, my bone structure got shorter, but wider.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active