Weigh in - State lawmaker wants to ban people from using food stamps to buy junk food

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/19 5:00 am

What I consider junk food some people can consider very healthy meal.

White bread, any type of bread, potatoes, beans and rice - that to me is junk food promoted by government food piramid.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kathy S.
on 5/16/19 7:20 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Let's not bash people for their post if you don't agree or get snarky. Let's just agree to disagree respectful

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

kairosgrammy
on 5/17/19 6:07 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Let me explain. Gonna is slang for going to, just in case you can't figure it out. Food, not fed to the children is thrown out!! Every day. Did I say, feed children from the garbage can. Absolutely not! Going to is something will happen in the future. So, for those of you with poor comprehension skills, I said we aren't feeding children. Instead we throw it away. Is that clear enough or do I need to explain it further.

You have no clue what happens in these children's lives. It used to be if we knew a child might go home to nothing, we gave them seconds and thirds, whatever they wanted so that at least, we knew they would have some food. Breakfast on Monday morning??? For some children, it was a feast because it was possible they hadn't eaten all weekend. Now, because of all the rules and regulations that take these children out of the equation, rather than feed a child, we throw it away.

To top all that off, if children have unpaid balances, they get substitute meals and so now, not only do we not feed the kids, not only do we throw food away that could have fed children instead, we punish them for what their parents can't or won't do.

I have gone home crying for the children I work with way more than once. You have no clue what these children go home to, none. Children are beaten, raped and molested every day. I see too much to ever callously suggest feeding a child from a garbage can.

Y'all can attack all you want. I was attacked first. No one said is this what you mean? No, they said how dare you and attacked me. If you don't want to be attacked, don't be the first to attack. Ask questions instead. Then maybe a forum would turn into so much animosity!!! Try some social skills. It might work.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/17/19 12:59 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Just in case you can't see another point of view other than your own, your post implied that you thought children should be fed garbage. The "attack" that you saw was the outrage from other people who thought what you said was ridiculous, to put it mildly. You should've reiterated what you meant to say without attacking or belittling people.

Remember this is an internet forum, what is said on one end can be interpreted a different way on the other. Try to keep that in mind whenever you feel "attacked" & in turn attack someone else.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Miss150
on 5/26/19 2:48 pm

"Remember this is an internet forum, what is said on one end can be interpreted a different way on the other. Try to keep that in mind whenever you feel "attacked" & in turn attack someone else"

Thank you.

On a written forum, when a response to a post obviously does not reflect your intended thought, it may be more helpful to come back with, "Oh, so sorry you thought that was what I meant..... " followed by a clarification.

Thank you again for pointing this out.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/17/19 2:31 pm - Burleson, TX

"just in case you can't figure it out"

"So, for those of you with poor comprehension skills"

"Try some social skills"

"It might work"

Seriously ?!?!?!?!?!?

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

MarinaGirl
on 5/18/19 5:29 am

kairosgrammy: You're quick to label people that they have poor comprehension skills when you can't even input your surgery date accurately. Have you noticed/comprehended that there are 2 different dates listed for your RNY in all of your posts?

Mary Gee
on 5/17/19 8:13 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Always the victim......

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Kathy S.
on 5/20/19 5:05 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Thanks everyone for your input. It seems government is getting more and more into our business and it's scary to me

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Clarenced
on 5/27/19 9:57 am

It's not all that unusual to regulate life-style (smoking/drinking). My biggest problem with the proposed legislation is what will be considered "junk food," and who will make that decision? To some, prepared foods are considered junk, and a lot of bariatric products fall under the broad category of prepared foods. Personally, I don't think the legislation will pass because the companies who make the products won't stand for it, and they'll pour huge amounts of money into politicians' coffers to stop the legislation.

Most Active