Weigh in - State lawmaker wants to ban people from using food stamps to buy junk food

kswmr
on 5/27/19 1:45 pm

I am not one for having Big Brother in my business; I also know that this is state tax dollars being used to help the needy. Junk food to me is a friviously item, which I can not afford all the time. I belive that if you are hungery, you should be consuming food from the four food groups; I haven't seen a section for junk food. This is not to say there isn't a place for junk food, there is a place and time for it but not on the breakfast, lunch or dinner plate. Junk food is over rated, why do you think we as Americans are in the obese state that we're in? There is nothing wrong with chips with your sandwich or a cold soda on a hot summer day, just don't go overboard; this is where weight problems get out of hand. If you can't control your consumption of something, then don't start! I don't want to be the Food Police, but when you take state or federal money for something, you can expect to have to follow some rules.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1126 views