exfoliating after surgery.

misstanisa
on 5/15/19 4:20 pm

question - how long did you wait until you decided to exfoliate your stomach area?

i am 7 weeks post op and the middle of my stomach (the areas where my incisions are) is very dry due to not putting lotion on it. i would like to get the dead skin off, but i'm wondering if i should wait another week?

thanks!

jenorama
on 5/15/19 4:33 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Hmm. I wouldn't go at it real hard, but maybe a bit of gentle scrubbing? If it hurts, obviously stop and check for redness and irritation. I'd think 7 weeks is fine and the incisions should be pretty small.

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/19 7:14 am

If the incisions are healed, I would use moisturizer to first nurished that skin. A regular gentle exfoliating rubs, like salt or sugar, as natural as I could get, I would use after a few days of moisturizing.

BTW: I use gentle as natural as I can get for low price shower gel. And having shower filter makes a huge difference how my skin is. Chlorine ND other chemicals in regular water can be drying and irritating for the skin. I rarely need to use a moisturizer. Mostly when I travel and have a very little options for water quality and what I use to shower. And even then, I tent to try to use shampoo, not soap. Very little goes long way.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active