Did music help you through all the weight loss stages?

Roselane
on 5/18/19 9:20 am

I was thinking today about how much music has helped me to cope through the different stages of this entire process. I especially remember the night I was in the hospital because I did not sleep well at all and I was so glad that I had a "relaxing" music list full of the songs that help me to self-soothe. I played it through my earphones all night long. I also have a waterproof mp3 player that is full of music that motivates me to swim a little harder and a little longer. However, what has probably helped me the most is the song, "I am Changing" by Jennifer Hudson from the Dreamgirls soundtrack. From the beginning of the pre-op process, I have asked Alexa to play it whenever I start struggling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuZMAZgMok

I would love to know if there are songs that you have found inspirational!

Highest weight: 350, Surgery weight: 317

VSG: 1/9/19

No longer obese goal: 185, Healthy weight goal: 150

Weight loss per month: 1=22, 2=12, 3=9.5, 4=11.5, 5=8, 6=9

White Dove
on 5/18/19 10:17 am - Warren, OH

I married young and faced an empty nest at 40. Reba McIntire's song "Is There Life Out There" inspired me to start a new career and a new way of life without leaving my husband behind. Music has so much effect on us whether we realize it or not.

Music, songs, lyrics reach into our emotions and our hearts. It is such power to change us.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Roselane
on 5/18/19 12:50 pm

I LOVE that song! It is very inspirational!

My mom did some modeling in her 60s and one time she did runway for a Reba McIntire clothing show. She said that Reba was super friendly and down to earth. Of course, that is what she seems like, but you never know with celebrities, I hear some can be real turds!!!

Highest weight: 350, Surgery weight: 317

VSG: 1/9/19

No longer obese goal: 185, Healthy weight goal: 150

Weight loss per month: 1=22, 2=12, 3=9.5, 4=11.5, 5=8, 6=9

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/20/19 4:33 am - Burleson, TX

Reba sang my ENTIRE life (no pun intended), for many, many years

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Melody P.
on 5/18/19 12:25 pm - Amarillo, TX

My big passions include music! I listen to a lot of stuff...different stuff.

i'm a little afraid of taking my iPad to the hospital...i'll Be on my own during the night. We'll just have to see!

i'm a huge Corey Taylor fan. I listen to slipknot & stone sour when I need a pick me up. I also listen to country, the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, some pop.

Romanceauthor
on 6/6/19 5:51 am
VSG on 05/28/19

I know what you mean about music being a huge help to get you in the right frame of mind whatever the issues you are dealing with in your weight loss journey. I have a relaxation play list but it consists of songs like Sensitivity by Ralph Tresvant (from New Edition) or Here we go Again by Portrait. But when I am in workout mode. I need something upbeat and maybe even a little sexy to make me feel like I have a reason to keep going and one of those songs is Janet Jackson's If or even Milkshake by Kelis.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1373 views