Vitamins and Calcium chews

linda11665
on 5/23/19 1:08 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hi All, have a question (curious really), how much of vitamin and calcium chews do you absorb?

I am 8 years out. Figured i would try the chews, my tummy is giving me issues with the tablets.

Thankyou

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/23/19 2:13 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Be careful of the chews, as they usually have calories and carbs you'll need to account for in your daily macros. Some of them have a LOT of sugar!

What kinds of vitamins are you taking now? Chewable tablets or regular pills?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

linda11665
on 5/24/19 3:22 am - Ottawa, Canada

Hi, Thank you for answering me. I take regular pills for both vitamins and calcium citrate, but my *****y pouch is not happy with it. And honestly crushing them up well

I figured the chewables have a lot of sugar, I'm just not really sure of the ones that have "all in one" chewable tablet.

Thank you

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Kathy S.
on 5/24/19 5:42 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yes, be careful with chews like gummy types. If you have been taking the same brand of vitamins try a different brand and see if that helps your stomach. I also started crushing them for awhile and that helped me. Keep us posted on what you are thinking of trying and I am sure the community can guide you with what they think

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active