I am SO ready for change

MadisonRose
on 6/1/19 10:23 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

I feel your pain. I first made up my mind and started thinking seriously about this surgery about 3 years ago. I wanted it right then and there, but my insurance at the time didn't cover it so I did lots of research and applied for a grant, but I wasn't selected. So I started applying for other jobs which had insurance that covered WLS. I finally got a new job back in July of last year and started the pre-surgery process in November. I got a surgery date relatively quickly. January 23rd was my surgery date, but my supervisor advised me to put off my surgery until after the following July since that would be my year mark with the company and I'd be able to use FMLA. She advised me if I chose to go ahead with my January surgery that I may not have a job when I returned. But I was determined not to wait and put it off any longer. So I went ahead with it. Best thing I ever did.

I still struggle though. It's tough and I wish I could lose weight faster. I know it will probably come off faster once I start back on my exercise routine. Today I did something stupid.....figured if I just didn't eat then I'd lose faster. By 8 tonight though I was starving and gave in. Some days are easy, but others are hard.

Just hang in there and don't give up! Your day will come!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

KayLaw4170
on 6/2/19 12:15 pm
VSG on 10/10/19

Omg thank u for your reply. I can really relate to the determination u felt prior to surgery. I'm so tired of being un-happy in my own body. Since I was a kid I remember dieting and always having to watch what I ate. I remember coming home from school one day and crying in my closet because I couldn't eat more cookies and felt like I had no control when it came to food. Every single birthday my wish was to be "skinny".

Life is too short to be unhappy and live like this! Same exact thing as u said I'm doing today...fasting lol. I figure too, if I just don't eat then how can I NOT lose weight! But, like you I'm sure I'll cave and binge tonight:(

I'm trying to eat better but also healthy food is SO expensive. I don't have the money to go out and buy all these pricey protein shakes and diet food. Fruits and veggies are cheap obviously but everything else not so much. This is a process and I'm not perfect. Neither are u! Give yourself a break and take baby steps..I know from past experiences that when I try to do everything at once I fail...

Anyways ty for the chat and take care:)

-Kay

Melody P.
on 6/5/19 7:09 pm - Amarillo, TX

I had to change the way I looked at the price of stuff. I drink the shake as a meal replacement so I don't have to make or buy things for me for meals. I still cook for my mom but she gets what she wants and I buy my food/shakes. The time you have to have shakes is relatively short.

you are so right, life is to short to live unhappily.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1128 views