Weighing Daily

White Dove
on 6/2/19 5:29 am - Warren, OH

I have weighed myself practically every day since my weight loss surgery in 2007. There have been a very few days when I was not able to get to a scale due to traveling or illness.

I have had some gains, but have always been totally aware that it was happening. I have basically maintained my goal for most of those twelve years.

I would like to get others opinion on how often they weigh and how that affects your weight maintenance.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

karenp8
on 6/2/19 6:09 am - Brighton, IL

I will weigh myself every single day for the rest of my life. I stopped for a time about a year ago(5 years post OP then) I knew my weight was heading up and I was being careless but I just didn't want to have to admit it so I continued to avoid the scale. By the time I stepped back on it I had gained 16 pounds. Since then I got back on track,tell food pushers"no!" and weigh every.single.day. I WILL NOT go back to that lonely miserable 278 pound me! And when I get tired of good choices I remember my before and after pics.

KayLaw4170
on 6/2/19 12:28 pm
VSG on 10/10/19

Wow you look great! Congrats on your huge weight loss success. I weigh around 245..I stopped weighing myself bc I knew I wasn't on track and stopped exercising and of course when I got on scale, I gained 6 pounds.

Weighing yourself is a good thing in my opinion. Seeing that # is motivation for me to do better.

After you lost all the weight, how is your energy now? Also I bet it's great to be able to wear any clothes you want! That's what I'm looking forward to...colors in my wardrobe again! Right now it's all black and baggy stuff..

karenp8
on 6/3/19 2:43 am - Brighton, IL

I have tons more energy now. Before surgery would have to rest in the middle of cleaning house. I had knee and back pain every single day from my rheumatoid arthritis. Of course the RA didn't go away but with the weight gone it is SO much better. Hubby and I and our boxer Lily now travel most of the year in our RV doing mission work--building ,painting and cleaning at churches,church camps and children's homes. None of this would have been possible before. I'm thankful for my second chance at life every single day!

carbby
on 6/5/19 7:38 pm
On June 2, 2019 at 1:09 PM Pacific Time, karenp8 wrote:

I will weigh myself every single day for the rest of my life. I stopped for a time about a year ago(5 years post OP then) I knew my weight was heading up and I was being careless but I just didn't want to have to admit it so I continued to avoid the scale. By the time I stepped back on it I had gained 16 pounds. Since then I got back on track,tell food pushers"no!" and weigh every.single.day. I WILL NOT go back to that lonely miserable 278 pound me! And when I get tired of good choices I remember my before and after pics.

You look great! Awesome to see you seems happier and healthier now.

catwoman7
on 6/2/19 6:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I also weigh myself every day (have skipped a few times when I've been out of town - but otherwise, I'm on that scale every morning). I want to be able to catch regains right away when they're (theoretically, anyway) easy to lose. I remember during pre-op weight losses, I'd lose 50 or 60 lbs and then stop weighing myself. A month or two later, I'd step on the scale and I'd be up 20 lbs (or more). Not happening this time around..

Partlypollyanna
on 6/2/19 6:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Unless I'm traveling and there's no scale available, I weigh myself every day. I'm still early on, still learning the impacts of everything I eat and drink but also it keeps me knowledgeable and lets me see a trend.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

reree6898
on 6/2/19 6:58 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I too weigh daily. It is part of how I stay accountable to myself. It would be way too easy for me to have regain if I didn't stay on top of things.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

Queen JB
on 6/2/19 7:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I stopped and it was a bad idea.

To be fair, I didn't stop because of denial or anything--just got super busy and stopped making it a priority. But then a few pounds crept on and a few more. I was just at the doctor this week and found that I am up 9lbs from a year ago and I didn't even know it.

I only have a month to go in this crazy job, but then I am putting myself first, again and will be back to all of the good habits that got me to my goal and that includes daily weigh ins!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 6/2/19 7:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm so glad you're back!! And I'm glad you're leaving that job - first, because no one needs that much stress in their life - and secondly, because we'll get to "see" you again every day - or most days!! You've been missed!!

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1513 views