Gas free protein shakes

Lady2This
on 6/10/19 4:19 pm - NC

Greetings,

I hope everyone is having a prosperous Monday. I've been off of protein shakes for quite some time due to excess gas and having to use the restroom frequently. Do anyone have any suggestions on protein shakes that does not contribute to gas? I prefer to try the whey protein isolate, so that I can build muscles but any kind of milk such as Lactose free, almond and any other milk still gives me gas and send me to the bathroom. Any advice would be appreciated. I had RNY Nov. 2010. Im doing well but gained about 15 pounds due to thyroid issues. Thank you in advance!

jenorama
on 6/11/19 2:26 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Have you tried taking Lactaid with your shakes? If that doesn't do the trick for you, try egg-based shakes (Jay Robb or Muscle Egg) or beef-based (Carnivor).

Jen

btm61
on 6/11/19 4:56 am

Our clinic uses Unjury, which gives me gas, and Nectar which doesn't. It is also whey isolate based and comes in some truly great flavors. Caribbean Cooler is my favorite which has the flavor of a Pina Colada.

hollykim
on 6/12/19 7:32 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM Pacific Time, Lady2This wrote:

Greetings,

I hope everyone is having a prosperous Monday. I've been off of protein shakes for quite some time due to excess gas and having to use the restroom frequently. Do anyone have any suggestions on protein shakes that does not contribute to gas? I prefer to try the whey protein isolate, so that I can build muscles but any kind of milk such as Lactose free, almond and any other milk still gives me gas and send me to the bathroom. Any advice would be appreciated. I had RNY Nov. 2010. Im doing well but gained about 15 pounds due to thyroid issues. Thank you in advance!

sometimes it is the sweetener used in the shakes that causes gas. Try one with a natural sweetener,like stevia.

Valerie G.
on 6/16/19 12:55 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I got the exact effects with any kind of whey. Egg white protein was my alternative, and it even lacked the icky aftertaste, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1356 views