frustrating calorie question

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/12/19 6:22 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

At 1 month out, your body is still going through amazing changes and focus on what you are doing - eating and water. I do not understand why you have a calorie goal - a protein and a water intake goal, yes, and a list of foods to eat/avoid. Further out, calories are more important.

If you have a good dr, and do what they say, the weight will come off. Do not eat crap - EVER - to get up to some 'daily calorie total."

If you were not given a post-op food plan, call and get one.

Also, ask about it when you go back to the dr. I am pretty smart, but all the pre-op explanations made no sense to me after surgery and the dietician had to go through it all with me again - I did not fully understand what I had to do after the 7 day post-op liquid/verysoft foods.

Hold steady, if you are doing the right things, the wt will come off. Genetics plays a part, even if you are doing all the right things. (My NUIT says "Those pounds are in the bank and they will show up later in a big drop.) This is esp true for menstruating women, which may or may apply to you, but something to remember for many women.

Sharon

Romanceauthor
on 7/12/19 6:49 am
VSG on 05/28/19

Thanks Sharon, I'm sticking to it. Got a few more pounds off since my last post and I am sticking to the plan. I only mentioned the calories because at my last visit to the nutritionist she mentioned that my caloric intake should be around 800 calories at this time. Next week I will be seeing her again and I suspect I will be advancing to the stage 4 diet which (I hope) will add some raw veggies to what I am already eating. And I am still working out regularly at least 5 days a week for more than an hour sometimes two. I am determined to not fall back into old (bad) eating habits.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/12/19 11:05 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Keep up the good work. After the first month, I never lost more than 10 pounds a month, but it adds up!!

About the exercising - if you mean being active and increasing your mobillity - keep it up. If you mean heavy duty running and burpees - are you crazy? You are still, as we all are/were, pretty heavy only a month out. At this weigh you are still putting alot of stress on your knees, back etc. SO, you could injure self by falling, ect, or you could accelerate joint deterioration. You do not want o be thin and still have bad knees in 5-10 years, or more.

Be careful about the exercises that destroy your joints - when you take off 50 or 100 pounds, they may not bother you, but you do not want to accelerate the joint damage already caused. Many surgeons go, (not saying yours) go, "Yah, go ahead and exercise" without thinking through what that means to a person just out of WLS and wanting to get the weight off ASAP (rate of weight loss is impacted only a small bit by exercise).

Sharon

Most Active