What products do you find helpful post-WLS?

TheWombat
on 7/2/19 8:47 am, edited 9/20/19 4:58 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Here are some products that I find really helpful post-WLS. I'm not sure that these products are available in the U.S, but I've added some information to help you find them.

Four Seasons Mediterranean Inspired Cauliflower Rice is yummy, and hits the spot when I want something savoury. This bag contains two single-serving packets, and a packet is 100 calories. (Warning: there's also a version of this with rice, and the packages are very similar, so look for the word "cauliflower".) Since I'm a vegan, I add a spoonful of nutritional yeast to make sure I get enough B12. I've only seen this for sale at Aldi. I believe Aldi is in the U.S too.

This specially selected green bean salad comes with a ginger dressing that is scrumptious. The whole pot is 160 calories. I've only seen this at Aldi.

I've written before about making decadent "latte" by mixing protein powder with instant (usually decaf) coffee. I still love those, but unfortunately I've found that coffee often gives me a slight headache. So I was looking for something else with rich flavour that would taste good when mixed with protein powder, and I found pukka organic latte cacao maca magic. There are other flavours besides cacao, but I haven't tried them. I know you can buy these at Tesco and SuperValu.

Image of Cacao Maca Magic Organic Latte

This last item isn't something I eat more than about once a week because it's still a bit high in calories, but on those occasions when I'm craving something sweet, thi****s the spot. Foodie Market Nut Pumpkin Seed Fruit Granola is considerably higher in protein than most granolas. A 45g serving has 210 calories and 12g protein. Another thing I like about this is that the pieces are very small, so I'm less tempted to snack on them. I've only seen this for sale at Aldi.

What are some products that you find really helpful post WLS?

jmk187
on 7/2/19 7:07 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Canned refried beans..Or really any canned bean. But I really like the fat free refried beans. They are filling and satiating. When I don't feel like defrosting a frozen chicken breast, they are my goto. Same with canned green breans for when I don't preparing and cooking vegetables.

Also There is a low carb milk that I used to buy back in the early 2000's called Calorie countdown.(formerly carb countdown) It's low in sugar/carbs and I find it better than unsweetened almond milk. They sell it in a fatfree version, a 2% version, and a chocolate. Its hard to find the 2% around where i live these days so i buy the fat free one and add a spoon of heavy cream to it. The chocolate version is really good to.

https://ibb.co/Z1n4bYF

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

TheWombat
on 7/3/19 10:40 am, edited 7/3/19 3:40 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Here's something else that makes a nice drink when mixed with protein powder. I just tried it for the first time today, and it's a new fave. No coffee or caffeine, and it's made with carob instead of chocolate. Iswari Macaccino Dark. Found it at SuperValu.

SamuelGates
on 7/5/19 3:00 am

Foodie Market Nut Pumpkin Seed Fruit Granola.

My doctor recommended me exactly this.

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/19 5:47 am

Costco- frozen bags wild caught shrimp , Chilean sea bass and mahi-mahi ( also wild caught flounder)

Aldis 20 calorie sugar free ice pops

Aldis fruit based ice pops

Yasso 90 calorie Greek yogurt frozen pops

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches

all fat free milk products - cheese slices ricotta fat free half n half fat free sour cream . I use them constantly in recipes and simply don't gain .

butter buds ( natural butter solids passed thru a freeze dryer making them fat free ) this allows me to make fat free recipes that taste decadent and rich without the excess fat or calories.

Fresh Corn tortillas for making fat free enchiladas and crispy fat free tortilla chips ( use an air fryer) . Two tortillas have one gram fat and 100 calories.

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/19 6:32 am

A few more : hidden valley ranch fat free ranch salad dressing ( also works great for homemade fat free coke slaw )

wishbone chunky blue cheese fat free salad dressing

kraft thousand island fat free salad dressing (also works great on Reuben sandwiches)

kraft fat free mayonnaise ( this I order from Amazon cuz it's hard to find in grocery stores)

refriferated section veggie department- fat free very low cal coleslaw dressing and green goddess dressing . I add a tiny bit of the coleslaw to the hiddden valley ranch to make very authentic tasting fat free coleslaw : the green goddess also can be doctored with guacamole and other dressings or fat free sour cream to taste

fat free sour cream and dry onion soup mix ( makes awesome fat free onion dip )

TheWombat
on 8/2/19 1:04 pm, edited 8/2/19 6:04 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I love decadent "lattes". I make mine by mixing protein powder into hot beverages that have a rich flavour, but you could use milk instead of the protein powder, of course. I finally got a chance to try pukka organic latte ginger joy. There are other flavours (I wrote earlier how much I love the cacao maca magic), and I plan to try them all. The ginger flavour is very strong, but there's more to it. (It reminds me a bit of carrot cake!) I know you can buy these at Tesco and SuperValu.

This veggie burger was a good find for me because it's very filling for 133 calories. I find it difficult to fall asleep if I'm hungry, and this makes a good final meal to keep hunger pangs at bay. Available at Tesco, SuperValu, Dunne's Stores, Sainsbury's.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/2/19 2:45 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Wombat, can you share the nutritional details on that ginger latte? Curious about the sugar but will probably see if I can find it here as well.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TheWombat
on 8/2/19 4:50 pm, edited 8/2/19 9:51 am
VSG on 06/11/18

The company's website is https://www.pukkaherbs.com/

What is inulin and why do you use it in your lattes?
Inulin is a type of soluble fibre found in many plants. The inulin in our lattes comes from the Blue Weber agave plant. It is virtually calorie free but adds a subtle sweetness that enables us to avoid including sugar or sweeteners. It may also offer digestive benefits.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/2/19 9:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Thank you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views