What products do you find helpful post-WLS?

jmk187
on 8/3/19 11:43 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

When I'm craving ice cream I love the Breyer's Carb Smart line...in the 1.5qt they have vanilla, chocolate, and now peanut butter. The ice cream bars are my favorite. Another old skool brand that survived the Atkins/lowcarb craze from the early 2000s

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

TheWombat
on 9/20/19 4:56 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Pomegranate seeds are not only tasty and nutritious, but they are fun to eat. Each little seed explodes with flavour. Only 90 calories for 100g (which is a lot of seeds). If you're doing low carb, I think you'd enjoy a tiny amount without being tempted to gorge on them.

BTW, that ginger latte powder I mentioned in an earlier post is absolutely scrumptious in oatmeal with protein powder. Real comfort food.

TheWombat
on 10/2/19 11:37 am, edited 10/2/19 4:40 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Most protein bars aren't very filling; as soon as I've had one I'm craving another. However this one is different. One of these keeps me feeling full as long as a regular meal, and doesn't trigger additional cravings (at least for me). I still try to limit my use of protein bars, but now and then they are a handy way to top up my protein. To play it safe, I only buy one at a time. If I kept a box on hand, it would be too tempting to skip real meals in favour of this. But if you do occasionally eat protein bars, I think it would be worth your while to hunt this one down. Natures Plus KETObar (or KETOslim) High Protein Chocolate Almond Crunch.

The image below seems to be the exact same thing, but in different packaging. I suspect this is the packaging used in the U.S.

TheWombat
on 10/31/19 12:58 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Just discovered this in Aldi. What makes this frozen fruit special is that it's diced, chopped into tiny pieces. As a result, each bite has much more flavour. Lovely on oatmeal. I think this is an Aldi own brand, so you can probably find it in any Aldi. Maybe you can find similar products in other stores.

TheWombat
on 11/1/19 12:36 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I put one of these tea bags into a bottle, filled it with water, and put in the fridge for a few hours. OMG it was soooo good! Tangy and sweet-tasting (even though there's no sugar). You HAVE to try this.

TheWombat
on 11/25/19 11:23 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Decided to buy some kimchi (kimchee) recently because fermented foods are supposed to be beneficial for gut health. Now, I've had kimchi before, and liked it. But this brand is especially yummy. It's a bit milder than traditional kimchi, which makes it more versatile. So far I've added it to veggie burgers and edamame, and both times it kicked the flavour up several notches.

Biona Kimchi

TheWombat
on 12/6/19 3:56 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I've mentioned before that I like making chocolate "lattes" with protein powder. Actually, I now leave out the coffee altogether because even decaf gives me a headache, so it's really more "hot chocolate" now. It's a tasty and filling way to get my protein in. The problem is, most vegetarian or vegan protein powders don't dissolve very well in ho****er, and many of them have a weird aftertaste. I have been using Spiru-tein, which sort of dissolves (put a little water in, make a paste, then add more water, stir some more, etc.), and is vegetarian, but not vegan.

But now I've found Plantforce Synergy Protein Vanilla, which dissolves easily and tastes yummy.

TheWombat
on 12/6/19 2:24 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

These are really yummy! A 100g serving has about 100 calories, and fills me up.

Strong Roots Winter Green Vegetables

Strong Roots Chargrilled Sprouts

TheWombat
on 12/23/19 10:06 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Also try the Strong Roots Roast Butternut Squash Chunks. A healthy alternative to french fries!

TheWombat
on 5/18/20 12:13 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Green Isle Let's cook Protein Stir Fry has become one of my staple foods. It's a nice mixture of veggies, with sunflower seeds to add a bit of protein. Vegan friendly. I simply heat it up in the microwave, and add a squeeze of lime or lemon, and a dash of tamari sauce. (I prefer tamari to soy sauce; it has a richer flavour and isn't as salty.)

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1537 views