Former NFL QB Jared Lorenzen Dead At (Only) 38

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/16/19 11:03 am

You read part of my response to you, but since it was long, you probably missed my statement that the medical community still don't really know why some people became obese while others don't. Why some people can eat a meal, then stop and don't eat until they get really hungry. Why if you take 2 people similar size and you feed them the same food, they would lose or gain weight differently.

I think we, and medical community, still we have not idea why some people get so heavy, obese, while others have no problem maintaining normal, or close to normal weight.

There is still no answer to that. No real answer IMO.

We know there are hormonal imbalances that can lead to weight gain. It is not calories in - calories out. There is more to that.

Getting WLS changed my body hormonal response to food. The WLS changed that for me. No other programs in the past change that. That's why in the past I would gain weight very efficiently and I had to work very hard to lose.

Hopefully the system you are on is going to work for you long term. Maybe you will be a lucky one. I get you don't call it a diet, but if you look at a definition of a diet, we all are on a diet.

What most of us are in your posts - is that you believe you found a method that is working for you, and you think it should work for anyone who would do a program like yours.

And what you are not hearing is that a lot of us did what you are doing right now. And that worked. Until it stopped working. And in a meantime our life and health got worse and worse.

The doctors changed, what they were thought over the years changed. The recommendation for a good healthy diet changed. What and how much we can - should eat. So in a way, the program you are following right now is different from some that a bunch of us did in the past.

I really hope this works for you long term. Unfortunately my personal experience tells me it is very unlikely. Why? Because I believe you, like me - you have some hormonal imbalances that caused the severe weight gain over the years. And I don't think your medical team is addressing that.

Based on my research and personal experience, and experiance of some people on this site - unless we can address underlying conditions of imbalances - it is very unlikely to lose and maintain body composition.

Again - maybe this would work for you. But approach like that in my past only made we weaker and more sick over time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

btm61
on 7/16/19 12:10 pm

HALAB, Were you suffering from any of the medical conditions you mentioned before you had your WLS?

Over 30 years ago, while a college student, I was taught that losing 1-2 pounds per week was medically sustainable and the very best rate at which to lose weight. When I asked the Professionals, during my initial screening, if that was still the case, they said that nothing had changed in that regard. I said "Fine, let's do it." and then I was asked if I understood that meant a 3-4 year weight loss plan, to which I replied that I was capable of doing the math. So here I am, just a shade over two years into my programand I'm averaging just under 1 pound per week lost and more medically healthy than I've ever been. to be certain none of us is guaranteed tomorrow so it could all change, but the one thing you can't blame it on is my weight loss.

Again the only reason you can provide for my inevitable, upcoming, failure is that you failed. You, and everyone else, are simply going to have to do better than that.

VSGAnn2014
on 7/13/19 2:36 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

I'm unable to view any btm61 posts on this thread. Does this mean he has blocked me?

FTR, I don't recall blocking him. Nor do I recall replying to any of his prior posts, so it's not clear how I might have warranted this digital rejection.

Oh well .... :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Amy R.
on 7/14/19 9:13 am

Yep, it sounds like you've been blocked.

You can verify this by logging off/signing out and then browsing through the forums as a "Guest". When you pull up this thread, you'll be able to tell if there are posts that don't show up for you under your username. They do however show up if you're on OH as a "guest".

I realize this sounds convoluted; in actuality it's rarely worth the time wasted. But sometimes we all have a need to know. If you need help because my instructions are too confusing just say the word.

btm61
on 7/14/19 5:46 pm

Sorry Amy, you don't know as much as you think you do, and your lack of knowledge of me goes much farther then my not blocking someone.

Amy R.
on 7/14/19 8:01 pm
On July 15, 2019 at 12:46 AM Pacific Time, btm61 wrote:

Sorry Amy, you don't know as much as you think you do, and your lack of knowledge of me goes much farther then my not blocking someone.

I don't even know what to say to this. What makes you think I care about you and/or want any knowledge of you at all? Let me help you: I don't.

btm61
on 7/15/19 4:37 am

"What makes you think I care about you and/or want any knowledge of you at all? Let me help you: I don't." AmyR

That statement encapsulates what is wrong with the whole of Social Media as it has devolved into what we see on this thread.

btm61
on 7/14/19 1:09 pm

VSGA, I haven't blocked you, in fact I didn't even know that was possible until just now. I have no clue why you can't see my posts, I do know that when I was on my phone the other night there were posts that I can't find on my desktop and I have no explanation for it. You have NOT been blocked, not has anyone else. Sorry about that, but if you are posting just to rail on me, why bother.

VSGAnn2014
on 7/14/19 2:57 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Thanks for responding. Oddly, I can see this last post from you. I'll eventually figure it out.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/19 5:34 am

I'm really glad your non- surgical program is working for you . But please don't forget you're a man ... which means your hormones allow you to lose and keep off much more than similarly aged women . Middle aged perimrnopausal women have it even harder.

There is non- surgical weight loss forum on OH by the way . I don't know how active it is ...but you're definitely not the only poster who is exploring alternatives to bariatric surgery . (((())) welcome to our often snarky but still loving and supportive community !

Most Active