4th of July BBQ beans

dreamer1234
on 7/4/19 9:19 am

it is the 4th of July and i was craving something BBQ & also healthy. i love BBQ but BBQ sauce is like eating pure sugar so what i made was this. i took dried pinto beans, cooked them on the stove until done, added fresh chopped up onion, chopped up canadian bacon and a bottle of sugar free BBQ sauce & baked it on low for an hr. yum! i found the sugar free BBQ sauce at walmart, no fat, only 2 grams of carbs per serving and it comes in 3 flavors and not too expensive. i may try the honey mustard kind and put over a chicken breast and bake it for flavor. has anyone tried this stuff before?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/5/19 6:18 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I've tried several kinds of sugar-free bbq sauce with varying levels of satisfaction.

I'd be more worried about the beans, depending on where I was in my weight loss. Pinto beans have 30 grams of carbs per single serving -- as much as a can of coke.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

White Dove
on 7/5/19 8:57 am - Warren, OH

I am extremely careful about sugar free products if I am going to be sharing the dish with anyone else. If the sauce is sweetened with sugar alcohols, then it can cause a lot of problems for people eating it. Not what you want at a party. Read labels carefully.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/5/19 12:41 pm - Burleson, TX

This is certainly true, for ME! It took me years, to figure it out, but sugar ALCOHOLS, were causing me the dumping-type symptoms, but much worse than real "hidden sugars"...

Nothing like camping out, by the toilet. lying on the bathing floor, at a crowded party.. with people banging... on the locked door...and it's NOT my house...

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

White Dove
on 7/5/19 2:06 pm - Warren, OH

Imagine everyone at the party who ate your sugar-free dessert in the same situation.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/5/19 3:47 pm - Burleson, TX

The incident I will NEVER forget was at a baby shower, for a WLS friend's daughter. The hostess, also a WLSer, made a banana pudding....it was "soooooooooo good"....so good, I thought I would literally die, shortly later....OMG...this was probably 14 YEARS ago...that baby is going into high school now...

I later found out, later, the hostess used SF vanilla wafers/SF pudding/SF Cool Whip...Can you even IMAGINE how many sugar alcohols were in that sucker?????????? No doubt I ate a bunch of it, with it being SUGAR FREE, and all...Sheesh...Haven't touched the stuff, since !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1459 views