Bariatric-Friendly Comfort Food Hacks AMERICAN Please share your OWN !

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/19 5:58 pm, edited 8/3/19 12:15 pm

Skinny Onion Dip - mix one pint container fat free sour cream with 1/2 envelope powdered onion soup/ dip mix . Wait approx ten minutes for dried onions to soften. I love this with a snack of carrot and celery sticks.

Makes 4 1/2 cup servings - calories 50 from onion mix 325 from sour cream so total 375 divided by four = 94 cals per serving Carbs - 45 sc 8 mix=53 divided by four so 13 carbs per serving zero fat

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/19 7:09 pm

Skinny Lobster Rolls

Toast fresh Hot Dog buns ( 2 per person ) opened up in pan . Spread w butter buds mixed w a bit of water or fat free half and half . You want it as least liquidy as possible but the butter solids to still dissolve . Spread on both sides of bun interior toast a bit more but don't burn em !

Make lobster salad - cut up cleaned ( threads removed) celery into small pieces cut cold lobster meat into smaller pieces reserving some larger attractive chunks for tops of rolls add either fat free mayo or low-fat mayo ( to me they taste just the same ) .

when ready to eat assemble open hot dog buns w a leaf of crunchy lettuce and place lobster salad in placing some attractive chunks on top. Serve and enjoy !

Numbers will b posted tomorrow :) I'm tired

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/19 4:33 pm

BIG AND LITTLE SUPER-HEALTHY KID PLEASERS -Skinny Pigs in a Blanket , Skinny Corn Dogs and Healthy Hush Puppies

All these are best made using a flexible silicone baking mold - mine cost 9.99 in Target - and it looks like little piggies ... so cute !

10 minute recipe great for after school ...

Skinny Piggies in a Blanket

mix up batter ( fat free buttermilk pancake mix I use Aunt Jemima ) I add a bit of egg white product and fat free half n half to make a slightly thicker mix than say waffles and I add a bit of butter buds for flavor.

I score and toast 97percent fat free Hebrew National beef hotdogs ( one each for four piggies ) for flavor then cut into fourths

spray oil mold ( placing it on rigid cookie sheet ) and preheat oven to 400

place enough batter in molds to fill 1/2 add one piece hot dog to each roll to cover hot dog fill in mold around hot dog . Batter will rise to cover hot dog on all sides when baked .

Bake until firm then de-mold .To get crunchy finish and nice golden brown color finish at highest setting of air fryer .

These can be threaded onto bamboo skewers one or two on a stick and served .. wouldn't recommend that for tiny little kids though.

Skinny Corn Dogs - Make exactly the same way using low-fat corn muffin mix ( Crusteaz is good )

Skinny Hush Puppies - Leave the hotdog out !

Second Variation South of the Border Hush Puppies use s bit of pickled of pepperonici juice to mix w the corn muffin batter add a bit of minced pepperonicis to batter . You can also add some fat free shredded American cheese ( Kraft ) if you like and I like to add some fresh raw sweet corn kernels I cut off the corn myself. I use a little extra egg to hold it all together- yum ! These are also great dipped into fat free cheese sauce ( skinny Velveeta lol)

four slices fat free American cheese

1/2 cup fat free half and half

Melt together on stovetop w low heat whisk n serve

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/19 7:20 pm, edited 8/18/19 1:36 am

BBQ PARTY ! Super - Skinny Tasty n Moist Cheeseburgers , Skinny Hot Dogs , Skinny Coleslaw

I go to the oriental grocery store if I can and buy nearly fat free super fresh beef eye round ( for 3,59 a lb trimmed ! ) and ask them to wa**** first then grind it . Otherwise I buy 93 percent lean ( half the fat of 85 percent lean ground beef) . To make moist n tasty I like to add a bit of Polish hamburger seasoning and about one cup of Italian style breadcrumbs moistened w at least half a cup of fat free half n half , butter buds and a bit of egg white product to hold it together . I also place fat free cheese in the middle of cheeseburgers as well as on the top. Serve on toasted bun w lettuce n tomato slice American guests often say this is the BEST cheeseburger I Ever ate lol ! The secret is the Polish seasoning ( get it in any polish store - one envelope seasons a kilo of meat so two pounds ) and the breadcrumbs lol!

Flatten n toast fresh hot dog rolls to make insides ( or outside if you prefer ) a little crunchy .

Cut x marks or slashed into Hebrew National 97 percent fat free beef franks and either toast in pan or on grill .

Serve w mustard ketchup n relish if you like it

Per dog - 1gram fat 45 calories 6 grams protein 2 carbs

per roll -120 cal 1.5 grams fat 2 grams protein 6 grams carbs

Coleslaw - mix one package of shredded cabbage and carrots w at least 1/2 cup hidden valley ranch fat free dressing . Add a bit of white pepper . If you can get it some grocery stores carry a line of super low calorie refrigerated salad dressings in the produce section ( the brand is Walden Farms ... bu****ch out they?re also making fatty ? sugar free ? dressings now . They make a coleslaw dressing . I don?t find it tasty used alone but mixed 1/4 to 3/4 portion with Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch it does make it taste like authentic ( rich and caloric too ) coleslaw dressing .Maries yogurt lite coleslaw dressing is more easily findable but it has 6 grams fat per serving .. still Ure using very little just mixed into the fat free ranch . Taste is good .

Per half cup serving - calories 50 carbs 12 fat 0es es

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/19 12:30 pm, edited 8/5/19 10:44 pm

Skinny Creamy Decadent Tasting New England Clam Chowder

microwave two russet ( baking) potatoes till a fork easily goes thru ... 11-15 minutes on high

spear and place in cold water then peel

mash w fork or potato masher

toast one ( yellow ) onion diced in a bit of sesame oil till softened and starting to golden . Add one envelope chicken stock ( I recommend low sodium it?s easy to make this too salty ) and at least 2/3 of a box of organic chicken broth . Add potatoes and the juice and meat of 3-4 cans minced or chopped clams . You can substitute fresh chopped sea clams which taste even more amazing . Simmer at least ten minutes to properly cook the clams . Taste ... if clams are done take two envelopes dried milk and mix with 1 cup water ... add at least 4-5 tablespoon butter buds . Take chowder off heat and blend in with whisk . I like to add fresh parsley from the garden here but it?s not traditional .

I recommend serving w skinny garlic bread n salad w fat free ranch dressing .

makes 8 large bowls -total ( whole recipe ) calories from milk 480 total carbs 72 total protein 48 calories

from 4 cans clams or one pint wild caught chopped sea clams :calories 330 fat 0 carbs 4 protein 64

Calories from potatoes

calories from 1/2 container butter buds 170 carbs 35 0 fat 0 protein

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/19 10:13 pm

Skinny Spinach Purée and Soufflé

this freezes well and takes just a few minutes to make

purée slightly wilted spinach ( I used 3 bags to make a six by six pan )squeezing out liquid in food processor w roasted garlic cloves to taste. Reserve liquid for another dish . Add a bit of fat free half n half n eat !

Easy 10 min Soufflé - preheat oven 350 degrees Use leftover spinach purée . Mix 1/3 pf one envelope Streits potato latke mix w leftover spinach liquid and half n half . Let sit 8 minutes adjust thickness ( should be purée like ) mix together w spinach purée and a bit of egg white product or one egg beaten. Add butter buds say three tablespoons . Bake till center is cooked through . Yummy filling and very nutritious !

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/19 5:14 am, edited 8/23/19 10:16 pm

Healthy N Low Cal No Fat Green Bean Casserole

this is the fat free air fried version of the traditional mushroom sauces fried onion topped green bean casserole everyone serves for the holidays ... just made out of fresh green beans and air fried breaded onion strips and a REALLY tasty easy fresh made mushroom sauce a million times superior to canned mushroom soup :)

mushroom sauce - one envelope Polish mushroom soup mix any type ( there are usually three types available white button , shiitake and wild mushroom ) . Just for this one essential and inexpensive ingredient ( usually a buck a bag) ( so good for quick tasty soups and sauces and nothing like the barf-worthy American versions its worth finding your neighborhood Polish store . They also carry wonderful tasting low-fat smoked meats as cold cuts and tasty meat seasonings .

Dissolve mushroom sauce in about 1 1/2 cup water simmer ten minutes stirring occasionally add sliced fresh or dried mushrooms if desired a bit of butter buds white pepper to taste and about 1/2 cup fat free half and half or thick skimmed milk made w milk powder . Take off heat when done and pour over one bag French filet green beans or julienned regular size green beans ( easy to do in food processor ) in casserole dish.

preheat oven to 350 slice 1/2 sweet onion super thin and coat with egg / seasoned flour mixture then plain breadcrumbs . Air fry till crispy add to top of casserole bake at least 20 minutes to desired fondness of beans . Freezes well.

Makes 8 generous servings - total beans 120 calories carbs 24 protein 8 grams total mushroom mix 220 calories 10 grams fat 6 grams protein 6 grams carbs milk 1/2 envelope 160 calories 24 carbs 16 protein

so per serving 500 cal divided by 8= 62 calories 54 carbs divided by eight so 6.3 carbs per serving protein 30 divided by eight so 4.1 grams protein per serving and less than one gram of fat per serving .

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/19 10:35 am

THE BEST ( and low-fat and far lower cal) SEAFOOD SALAD U EVER ATE

U will need approx 3 cups celery and snipped green onion for the veg... one envelope " crab flakes " or " lobster flakes" low-fat or fat free mayo and if you can get it ... 1/2 container of fat free cream cheese. Also Paul Prudhommes blackened redfish magic spice ( or old bay but the former tastes much better ) butter buds some chicken stock , shrimp and fresh scallops ( about 1/2 lb)

defrost clean n wash shrimp n scallops . Cut up veggies and crab flakes to bite size . Place 1 teaspoon seasoning butter buds and a cup or so of chicken stick into saucepan ... allow to caramrluze deglaze w white wine add raw seafood ( scallops n shrimp pieces ) . Sauté till almost cooked add crab flakes n coat ... place in freezer to chill .

Mix softened ff cream cheese dill 3 tablespoons of lite or ff mayo and juice from seafood together and mix with veggies n seafood .... done ! Keeps about two days ... half the calories 1/3 the fat and a million times better tasting than the supermarket version .