Cushings

Melody P.
on 8/5/19 12:52 pm - Amarillo, TX

i just had a visit with my new obgyn doctor. Everything seemed to go well and then the docs got to talking about my case. With all my stuff they think I might have an issue with Cushing's .

my question is if any of you have had testing done for Cushing's syndrome or disease? Have any of you been diagnosed with it?

i did not expect this so i'm a bit bothered. I've read about it just a wee bit but would like to know more personal experiences.

thanks!

Maddymoe2
on 8/5/19 4:31 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

I have been tested for Cushings. I had to do a 24 hour urine catch. If I remember right it was due to high cortisol levels. My test came back negative.

Melody P.
on 8/5/19 5:32 pm - Amarillo, TX

They are doing a night time saliva test first for me. I have to do it twice two weeks apart and at 11pm. Then I see the doctor again and we'll see where to go from there. They are doing some additional bloodwork too.

if I do have it it'd explain some things that's going on with my health and i'd have a course of action.

Julia S.
on 8/7/19 9:28 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

When you said Cushing's my first thought was horses. I have seen horses with the disease and they are grow really long coats and don't shed out. I wasn't aware that humans get it, I really hope you don't have it or it can be treated.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1342 views