Interesting article about weight and gut bacteria

catwoman7
on 8/5/19 6:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/19 6:34 pm

I just read this less than 5 minutes ago. It was interesting, considering that so many diseases are correlated with chronic inflammation. Seems like a prevailing theory is that anything that disrupts systems in the body leads to inflammation which causes a cascade of symptoms. Gum inflammation leads to heart disease. Pelvic inflammation or cervical inflammation leading to cervical and/or uterine cancer. Esophagitis leads to Barret's esophagus leads to esophageal cancer.

Not that there seems like a bright lining for those of us that have been fat our whole lives. I'd be willing to have a fecal transplant from a skinny person to see if it helps. It's less invasive than my surgery.

catwoman7
on 8/5/19 7:14 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing that in a few years. It could definitely replace surgery if it works!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/19 6:12 am, edited 8/5/19 11:12 pm

I That was a FASCINATING article ! Ty for posting it CW!

Ive often wondered why I don?t have to struggle with reaching below goal weight regain or any health issues 9 years post op.

Honestly I imagined it was simply because I was a former athlete so more muscle ... faster metabolism and the fact that I prefer a very fresh vegetable rich and low sugar and low fat diet so have no issues following my docs post op dietary guidelines ( he recently asked me to teach a course on nutrition and post op cooking ...I?m considering it )

but I did not know that even the best biome - diversity increasing efforts like taking multi probiotics seem to work far better if you?ve been eating this way since childhood ( I have my parents are also very healthy eaters ) HMMM...

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1110 views