Skin Care

TheWombat
on 9/23/19 10:56 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I've been pretty lax about skin care until recently. I didn't even start using moisturiser regularly until a couple of years ago (I'm 59!) and I simply bought any brand which wasn't animal tested, had little-to-no fragrance, and struck the right balance between light and heavy. I'm extremely skeptical of the claims of cosmetic companies.

However, with all the weight I've lost, plus age catching up to me, I decided to do a bit of research to see if there were skin care products that could actually do something useful. I found this YouTube channel from a down-to-earth dermatologist who tells you which ingredients to look for, which to avoid, and how to get the best for your money. She doesn't have her own brand to flog, and she usually recommends any of several products in a particular category, so you can shop around. In the video I've linked to below, she goes into a drugstore to see what products are available. But she also videos where she discusses specific skin conditions such as psoriasis, or treatments such as microneedling. I've learned some interesting things about skin by watching her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aGZexb6kYI

About a month ago I started using a bunch of products she recommended, and I have to say, it made a difference. Of course you expect skin to look good right after you put a moisturiser on, but I see a difference in my skin 24 hours later, when the product has worn off. Of course, none of this stuff is a fountain of youth, but I am satisfied that I'm not wasting my money, or more importantly, my time, on useless products.

White Dove
on 9/24/19 9:35 am - Warren, OH

I highly recommend Nivea Skin Firming Lotion from Walgreens.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TheWombat
on 9/26/19 4:41 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Here's another video where she discusses what ingredients to look for in body moisturisers, and recommends a few dozen products that you can choose from. See the video description for the brand names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xlRlhXit80

Dominash
on 5/3/21 2:29 pm

I'm always skeptical about any creams or moisturisers. So I've chosen face yoga. It's natural and doesn't require much time.

Tidgel
on 9/8/21 5:45 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Never heard of Face Yoga!

Partlypollyanna
on 9/8/21 11:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think there is a yoga for everything! I've heard of rage yoga and laugh yoga! I would like to try a laugh yoga class, just the idea sounds delightful to me!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dominash
on 5/11/21 7:06 pm

I?ve started practicing it 2 months ago. My friend was always talking about this kind of yoga, and I laughed at her. She looked obsessed by it. One day she got angry with me because of my attitude. So, I decided to try it.

Dolgan
on 6/1/21 2:03 am, edited 6/2/21 11:25 pm

I've never been without face cream. Face-lifting can be performed from the age of 18, thus working to get ahead of visible age-related changes. If you start attending courses of sculpturing massage from the age of 25-30, when the aging process begins in the skin, then such problems as loss of facial oval, the formation of blisters and wrinkles will not soon make themselves felt. Sculpturizing massage differs dramatically depending on the task that needs to be solved, as well as the characteristics of the skin. Problem skin with acne requires gentle treatment and combating excessive sebum formation, while ageing skin requires lifting techniques. There are Aprisa Skincare Products whose products can be used at home, which replaces a visit to a dermatologist and a cosmetologist.

ElbertBurrows
on 6/2/21 6:32 am

I'm 42 years old and this has to be the best moisturizer I've ever used. I'm completely hooked after a week. My skin has been drier now that I'm getting older and nothing helped. I've tried low end and high end moisturizers and they just sit on the top of the skin. This truly penetrates the skin and makes it so smooth. I'll be ordering this over and over again. I hope the formula never changes.

Dolgan
on 9/6/21 8:40 am, edited 9/6/21 9:02 pm

Does this moisturizing have any effect on hairless skin? Not all women who have facial hair really need to remove it urgently. To determine whether such a radical method should be used, it is necessary to determine where exactly the unwanted vegetation bothers. If the face is covered with little visible light fuzz, it is not a problem. I was advised by a friend to have a painless laser hair removal to reduce the risk of infections when applying elixirs to the skin of the face. Removal of downy hair on the face by laser may not. After all, they are practically invisible to others, in contrast to the dark and dense hair, which really bothers and catches the eye. Light facial fuzz is the norm, and therefore there is no need to remove it with a laser. At the same time the skin can be moisturized and this will have a positive effect on its condition.