Lost sight of my why.......

Willie H.
on 10/21/19 6:18 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Start over again. I know how you feel. For me it's been 5 years out and while I am back to my original weight loss-even 2 lbs below, I know how you feel. It's been 5 years! I consider the years as a good long break, now I'm on a journey to lose these last 33 lbs! That in itself kind of motivates me especially since I now know how and as mentioned I am not powerless in the presence of junk food. No more starting on a Monday crap, eating only certain foods, etc. Just commit yourself to start now. For me Intermittent Fasting helps-just eating in that 8 hour window, and journaling what I eat. I still tend to overeat, and eat bad foods even with the I.F. if I do no****ch myself. What has also helped is that in the "Men's Group" forum, we have a Weigh-In every Sunday which helps keep me accountable. I like the fact that each will record their weight whether a loss or a gain along with how their week has went. It helps pinpoint our eating triggers. It really is a way of life, and I truly believe that this Support Group or any positive Support Group has to be part of our program. So many veterans on these forums who has been through what we are going through-walk in their steps. No need for us to get off the path. Over the years I thought "I got this!" then a couple of weeks later I'm discouraged again. It's a journey-up and down, but we gotta be on it to get to our destination! Be honest with yourself, take accountability, develop discipline, work the program. As Dr Now always tells us-"The Scale Does NOT lie-People do" (That snitchy scale!!) Wish you well!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Ajeffries
on 10/22/19 1:04 am, edited 10/21/19 6:04 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

You're right. Scales and kids don't lie. My 8 year old said, "You are getting fat again!" I journal my food every day. I am debating paying My Fitness Pal premium because they've changed the basic to saving only 2 years worth of daily entries? I've charted daily since my surgery.

Willie H.
on 10/22/19 11:07 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Ha,ha. Those darn kids!! My 12 year old son does the same!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

momyshaver
on 10/26/19 3:19 am
VSG on 06/28/17

ah yes, those kids are brutally honest sometimes, aren't they? I have a house full of em and they sure aren't shy with their mama, lol

Most Active