NSV - Donating clothes

TheWombat
on 11/3/19 1:20 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I finally got around to clearing the closet of clothes that were too big for me, and taking them to the clothing bank. It was a weight off my mind... quite literally! There was a lot of weight in all that fabric.

White Dove
on 11/4/19 5:05 am - Warren, OH

It is also nice to have more room for the clothes you will actually wear.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/5/19 6:38 am

I kept some in sizes 2-3 higher than my size at goal.

My personal goal size was "12 or L" or anything below that. But my lowest was 4, with my normal long term 6-8 bottoms, 10-12 tops.

Considering I had a couple regains, I was glad I kept some size 10 bottom, and some size large or XL tops. Not many, but just enough to have for a month or 2 when reality smacked me over the top and I put my best efforts to lose some of my regain.

Even when I regained, having to pull out my xl top to look "comfortable" was a rude awakening.

I need to thin my closet. Problem with being within 2 sizes for 11 years means I accumulated a lot of clothes. And shoes. And jackets.

Even buying 3-4 tops or bottoms yearly for 10 years added 30-40 items for both seasons.

Before my WLS I would be one size for 3-4 years, them lose or gain, get newer wardrobe, and get rid of bigger clothes. But before WLS - I seldom kept low size for more than 2 years. And keeping small clothes were depressing. I often have out some, and packed others "for when I lose weight".

So...now I have a lot of shirts, dresses, pants, etc. in sizes that fit me. Yet regularly wear 10-15 outfits. The remaining 30-40? The fit, I like that, but there is no time to wear them.

I really need to go through my closets. Seriously.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active